Chef on Wheels: Cook + Bike in Provence with Jody Adams
Cycle through fields of sunflowers and asparagus. Climb winding roads to farmers markets in medieval villages. Stroll through charming rural towns. These are the quintessential experiences of Provence. When you join chef Jody Adams on this special Chef on Wheels bike tour, you’ll bring home all of its most delectable flavors too. With tastings of the region’s most famed dishes, samplings of revered wines, and three hands-on cooking classes, the flavors of Provence will be with you forever.
Join us in Provence!
DATES: August 25-30, 2013
PRICE: $5,295 per person (dbl. occ.)
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: $900
CONTACT US to learn more and book:
Jody Adams is a James Beard award-winner, the chef/owner of Rialto in Cambridge, MA, and the Chef and Co-Owner of TRADE.
Ken Rivard is a freelance writer, former ghost writer, and amateur photographer. He also does most of the cooking at home. He co-authors The Garum Factory blog with Jody Adams.
Thomas Kevill Davies, aka The Hungry Cyclist, lives for good food and cycling. He is a published author on the subject and has ridden his bicycle and eaten his way all around the world.
Join award-winning chef Jody Adams on a culinary bike tour through Provence, France. Adams is the chef and owner of nationally acclaimed Rialto Restaurant in Harvard Square and Boston's newly opened TRADE. She is joined by her husband, writer, photographer, and co-author of weekly recipe blog The Garum Factory, Ken Rivard, as well as author and DuVine Tour Guide Thomas Kevill-Davies – The Hungry Cyclist – who has led bike tours all over the world.
Some highlights from the trip include:
- 3 cooking demonstrations, one in a private residence
- 5 days of unforgettable scenic cycling (cycling will be moderate, with options for more adventurous riders)
- A visit to an artisanal chocolatier in St. Remy
- Learn to wrap the world-famous Banon cheese in chestnut leaves right in the heart of Banon country
- Shop for unique finds in many charming Provencal villages
- Stop at local, authentic markets for fresh ingredients to be used in the cooking classes
- Ride past lavender fields and pause to harvest some of your own ingredients
- A trip to an olive oil mill, followed by a gourmet picnic
- Informative wine tastings exploring different grape varieties
- Time to relax in world-class hotels
This tour will be operated by DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. DuVine designs and leads luxury bike trips in the world’s most amazing places – from the rolling hills of Tuscany and storied medieval villages of Provence to the Andean foothills of Argentina’s wine country and the lush vineyards of Sonoma. DuVine travelers learn that biking is the very best way to travel and experience authentic local culture through fun and fascinating activities, outrageously satisfying food and drink, and stunning luxury accommodations.
CATEGORIES: DuVine Style