Acadia Maine Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $3495
- Single Supplement: $900
|PRIVATE COLLECTION ITINERARY|
This tour is either offered exclusively on a private basis or our team of trip designers is in the process of developing public tour dates. Please complete a Private Tour Planning Form to start designing a private tour that is everything you want - and nothing you don't - where, when, and how you want it, to share with whomever you choose. Or, call 888-396-5383 to inquire about joining a future public date that may become available.
- Enchanting, rock-bound coast on the Gulf of Maine
- Known for: lush forests and hillsides, spectacular rocky coasts, pristine ocean shoreline and lakes, and serene trails through natural landscapes
- Eat: fresh and juicy lobster, hearty clam chowder, butter lobster rolls, and spectacular seafood
- Sites of interest: Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Acadia Carriage Roads, Frenchman’s Bay
- Cycling along the coast of Somes Sound down Sargeant Drive, a quiet coastal road lined with gray-shingled houses quintessential to coastal Maine
- Visiting Bass Harbor Light, one of the most photographed lighthouses on the East Coast
- Watching the sunrise at the top of Cadillac Mountain, the highest point along the North Atlantic seaboard and the first place to see the sunrise in the United States
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
The beautiful, quaint area surrounding Bar Harbor, Maine is a must-see for anyone oriented towards outdoor experiences. The whitecaps of the turbulent Atlantic, carless trails of Acadia National Park, and eccentric shops in Bar Harbor all offer great opportunities for bike tour guests.
Cycle past crashing waves and rocky shores on a serene bike tour through Maine’s Acadia National Park. Explore peaceful trails through lush woodlands and past pristine lakes. Enjoy the golden sunrise from the peak of Cadillac Mountain. You’ll never forget your time on your bike tour in Maine, wandering the majesty of Acadia National Park and soaking in the beauty of its Atlantic harbors. Sleep in complete luxury every night at Bar Harbor’s Oceanside West Street Hotel. Indulge all of your senses with delectable seafood pulled straight from the sea, both at gourmet dinners and down to earth chowder and lobster roll joints.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Maine!
Your guides will greet you in Bangor and we’ll head to the West Street Hotel in Bar Harbor. After getting fitted to our mountain bikes, we’ll cycle the famed gravel Carriage Road trail system, over rolling terrain past Witch Hole Pond and Beaver Pond. Pedal back to Bar Harbor and explore the town’s shops and art galleries, or stroll along the Shore Path enjoying the salty sea air and the sound of crashing waves Tonight we’ll enjoy dinner at one of Bar Harbor’s finest restaurants, where you’ll have the chance to sample the freshest seafood and of course, Maine lobster!
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, Witch Hole Pond, Beaver Pond
Accomplished: 15 miles / 24.5 km
Day Two: Acadia Carriage Roads
Pedal back to Acadia this morning on the Carriage Road trail system. A gift of philanthropist John D. Rockefeller Jr., the 45 miles of rustic carriage roads weave around the mountains and valleys of Acadia, providing car-free trails on which to explore the heart of Mount Desert Island. Marvel at sweeping vistas and pristine freshwater ponds. We’ll stop for lunch at the Jordan Pond House and try one of their famous popovers. Enjoy dinner of your choosing tonight at one of the excellent restaurants back in Bar Harbor.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Carriage Road Trail System, Jordan Pond House, Eagle Lake
Accomplished: 27 miles / 43.5 km
Day Three: Southwest Harbor
Ride to the southeastern part of Mount Desert Island as we follow the coast down around Seal Harbor and over to Northeast Harbor. Pause to explore the beautiful Asticou Azalea Garden before continuing along the coast past scenic Somes Sound. On the other side of the sound, we’ll stop in the small fishing village of Southwest Harbor for lunch. A fresh lobster roll or steaming bowl of chowdah should hit the spot! Ride out to the Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, before we shuttle back to Bar Harbor. (Or cycle back.) We’ll enjoy a gourmet dinner tonight in Bar Harbor.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Northeast Harbor, Asticou Azalea Garden, Southwest Harbor, Bass Harbor Light
Accomplished: 30 miles / 48.5 km
Day Four: Cadillac Mountain Sunrise and the Park Loop Road
We have the option today to enjoy the sunrise at the top of Cadillac Mountain. The spectacular display of pink and orange hues reflecting off the island-speckled bay is well worth the early morning trek. Afterward, we’ll set out on the scenic 27-mile Park Loop Road with stunning vistas overlooking Frenchman’s Bay. Early in the morning, the road will be especially peaceful and serene. Back in Bar Harbor, we’ll enjoy one last breakfast together at a favorite spot and have some time back at the hotel to pack and relax before we transfer back to Bangor, where your guides will see you off.
Destinations: Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park Loop Road, Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, Otter Cliffs
Accomplished: 20 miles / 32.5 km