We are looking for an energetic and experienced Sales Associate (“Travel Specialist”) with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our passionate/fun team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is a salaried, full-time position and is eligible for benefits and bonuses, and international travel opportunities. The position reports to the Sales Director.
- Manage inbound leads from prospective guests generated through incoming calls, website forms, brochure requests, etc. to convert into sales.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource that offers helpful and accurate information to potential guests on all products and destinations (20+ countries, 50+ itineraries).
- Manage travel agent accounts and assist with information requests, reservations and act as a resource to the agency industry.
- Work with senior sales members and product team to facilitate the creation of custom itineraries, budgets, and pricing for private tours;
- Actively follow-up on leads to maximize sales and meet sales targets.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times;
- Maintain customer information and sales data across multiple platforms
- Establish strong relationships with our international teams, marketing, and guest services to ensure superior customer service and product delivery.
- Represent DuVine at customer-facing cycling events and travel industry meetings.
- Two to five years of sales experience, ideally in the travel and tourism industry
- Personable, service-minded, and able to adapt communication style as needed
- Well-organized, multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
- Financial acumen including budgeting and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and InDesign.
- Hubspot or CRM experience preferred.
- Highly sociable and energetic, positive, and with a sense of humor!
- Flexibility to occasionally work evening or weekend hours during busy season.
- Well-traveled, domestically or international, preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with generous bonus potential, company health insurance plan, 401k, and travel benefits
- Fun company culture with a small team; you know everyone you work with!
- Great potential for upward and lateral career advancement
If you have what it takes to join our team and the desire to be part of an innovative and fast-growing adventure travel company, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DuVine Bike Tour Guides
DuVine is always seeking new guides to lead our guests on unforgettable cycling vacations all over the world. Whether giving a history lesson on the region, leading a scenic ride, maintaining our bikes, or preparing a picnic, our guides play an essential role in ensuring that our guests are happy.
We pride ourselves on recruiting guides who are compelling, genuine, charismatic leaders, tireless in their pursuit to create memorable experiences. They must be logistical masters who can juggle everything from fine-tuning a derailleur to communicating our guests’ dietary preferences at restaurants—and always with poise and grace.
Currently, we are only accepting applications for guiding in the U.S. and Europe.
To be considered, you must:
- Be fluent in English and the language of the country in which you wish to guide
- Be knowledgeable about the country where you wish to guide, including its cuisine, wine, history, and culture
- Bike confidently
- Have general familiarity with bike mechanics such as fixing a flat, installing pedals, adjusting handlebar stems, and tuning gears
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; in Europe, you must be able to drive a manual transmission (stick shift)
If you’re as comfortable with introducing our guests to world-class cuisine and wine pairings as you are with paving the way for tough climbs and sharing cycling tips, please complete our bike tour guide application. We hire guides from November–February, and again in May–July for the upcoming travel season.
General Internship Inquiries
If you have a passion for cycling and outdoor sports, an interest in the adventure travel industry, are excited about the prospect of working for a small business, and are seeking the opportunity to acquire new skills, we welcome your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.