Everyone counts. At DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. we are committed to making connections with each of our bike tour guests to create the personalized award-winning experiences that provide the foundation of our continued success. In a company where clients are never numbers, neither are our employees. It takes caring people with an eye for details to make sure that a chef on a tour in France knows not to use nuts in a surprise anniversary cake. Every DuVine employee is an important link in this chain that allows us to exceed customer expectations. In this environment, as part of a growing company, your success is our success and opportunities for advancement are plentiful for people with big ideas and even bigger hearts.
- International Bicycle Tour Guides
- California Bicycle Tour Guides
- Marketing Communications Associate
- Controller / Director of Financial Planning + Analysis
- Tour Coordinator
- Guest Services Intern
INTERNATIONAL BICYCLE TOUR GUIDES
DuVine is always on the lookout for new guides to lead our unforgettable bike trips. We lead our mostly English-speaking guests all over the world, offering top notch service with the smallest group sizes in the industry. Our team of guides play an integral role in ensuring that our guests are happy, and we only pick the best, most interesting and upbeat people out there.
If you think you have what it takes to make a person’s day or trip memorable by offering them adventures through history and art; introducing them to world class cuisine; leading them on scenic rides; and preparing them the best picnic they’ve ever had, please complete the bike tour guide application below AND send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Potential guides should be fluent in the language of the country in which they wish to lead tours, be intimately knowledgeable about that region, and have familiarity with bike mechanics.
CALIFORNIA BICYCLE TOUR GUIDES
DuVine Cycling & Adventure Co. is actively hiring trip leaders based in California to share their passion with our luxury-seeking guests in the Golden State– whether it’s giving a history lesson on the region, leading a scenic ride, or preparing a picnic of local foods. Our guides are genuine, charismatic leaders who are restless in their pursuit to create memorable experiences. DuVine guides are expected to be logistical masters who can juggle everything from fine tuning a derailleur to pairing the perfect Pinot with a Michelin-starred dinner, always with a smile.
If you are interested in joining our guiding team, please fill out the Guide Opportunities Form AND send a letter and resume to our California Product Director, Alice Walton at email@example.com.
The successful candidate will be based in California with easy access to the areas of our trips and available to guide 1-2 weeks per month. Candidates will need to be required to show a clean driving record and CPR and First Aid certification before they can begin working.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. is seeking a Marketing Communications Associate to assist in the management of social platforms, contribute to an overarching social strategy, and manage digital assets and data sets.
- Assist with developing and executing social media strategies for the organization
- Assist with the creation of marketing campaigns including e-blasts and workflows to customers and travel agencies
- Research/write blog posts on relevant topics
- Execute website content updates in WordPress
- Assist with the organization and keywording of digital assets including photos and videos
- Assist with the coordination of events
- Identify and gather data, structure it into a usable format, analyze it, and communicate insights to the marketing team
- Assist with special projects including data migration to new website and clean up of customer database information
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Ability to work independently with little to no direction
- Creative thinker who does not shy away from sharing their ideas
- Someone who is excited to learn more about marketing and gain valuable experience
- Strong writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with HubSpot, WordPress, analytics, social media strategy, and/or database management is a plus
- Ability to come to our office in Somerville near Porter Square
If you have a passion for cycling and outdoor sports, an interest in the adventure travel industry, are excited about the prospect of working in a small business office, and are seeking the opportunity to acquire new skills, we would love to have you join us! Please submit your resume and cover letter to Gwen Kidera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTROLLER / DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL PLANNING + ANALYSIS
DuVine Cycling + Adventures Co. is seeking an individual to lead it finance & accounting team. As the Controller / Director of Financial Planning + Analysis, you will have direct oversight and responsibility for the finance and accounting functions and work closely with the leadership team to make financial and strategic decisions for the company.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for the supervision of the accounting function, and provide financial planning and analysis, including budget development and financial projections to support management decision-making and drive financial operational strategy. This position addresses a multitude of accounting, payroll & human resources, IT and financial analysis responsibilities.
- Oversight of accounting operations including the preparation of financial reports, the maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls.
- Supervise and review work performed by the accounting staff relative to accounts payable, general ledger maintenance and monthly financial reconciliations.
- Lead the annual budget and forecasting process and develop cash flow projections and other prospective financial information.
- Performs on-going budget-to-actual analysis; researches major variances.
- Develops reporting and metrics to identify trends and assess company-wide and tour performance. Collaborates and communicates findings with team members to influence the continuous improvement and achievement of financial goals.
- Continually evaluate financial systems and processes, and identify and lead efforts to improve management information and to streamline processes.
- Foster a customer service-oriented financial organization that supports and communicates with vendors, product and sales teams, regional managers, and trip leaders.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and VP of Product & Operations with tax, foreign currency, insurance and other financial-related business matters.
- Support and collaborate with the others in the company to support and contribute to overall goals and objectives of the business.
- Handle Payroll and HR matters in conjunction with the VP of Product & Operations.
- Provide strategic leadership in the area of IT.
- Establish accounting policies and processes.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader who is collaborative, innovative, analytical, and both strategic and hands-on. You are able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines with the demonstrated ability to think prospectively, identifying and implementing change to meet the needs of a dynamic and growing business
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- 4-7 years of progressive growth in finance and accounting required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Advanced technology skills including expert excel skills and experience with QuickBooks, databases,
and other Microsoft Office tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in travel would be a plus
Controller / Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is an exempt full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This position provides concierge-style services to our travelers while also assisting with the operations side of each tour departure.
- Communicate with guests through phone and email correspondence in a clear, professional manner.
- Finalize pre- and post-travel plans for guests including rail, hotel and car reservations.
- Manage customer accounts by accepting payment, processing reservation forms, producing client reports and sending trip materials.
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance a customer’s experience prior to departure.
- Communicate tour details to our international offices.
- Provide assistance to other team members, including our Sales and Marketing teams as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Service-minded with a confident, reassuring client interaction style.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve with confidence.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self-motivated as well as thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe and web-based applications.
- Previous international travel planning experience preferred.
- Experience in a professional office setting.
- Fluency in French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish helpful.
This is an entry-level position. If you are a travel professional who enjoys challenges and has the energy and enthusiasm to support a growing business in the Boston area, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GUEST SERVICES INTERN
DuVine is a tour operator that specializes in luxury cycling vacations. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our guests through authentic travel experiences. We are looking for an intern who can help us during our busy tour season. A diverse project list allows our interns to gain experience in everything from customer service and operations to marketing and sales.
- Complete reservation management tasks
- Produce operational reports
- Process mailing requests
- Assist with inventory management
- Proof web and print materials
- Research pre/post tour travel options
- Communicate with guests and international offices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A self-motivated worker with solid problem solving abilities
- An energetic, team-oriented person with a positive mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior computer skills including Word, Excel and web based applications
- International travel planning experience helpful
- Fluency in French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish helpful
- DU-BBQ Friday — Enjoy relaxed Fridays with BBQ lunches with the entire DuVine team. Get outside, enjoy the weather and a free lunch!
- Team Rides — Enjoy long bike rides through the park? So do we! During the summer we love to get out of the office and take an easy-going ride every now and then.
- Destinations Trainings and Saved by the Glass — Learn about our tours, the culture, traditions, cuisine and sample the wines of the region (if you are over 21, of course).
- 3 month minimum commitment required
- Available for spring, summer and fall positions
- Minimum of 24 hours per week
- Flexible scheduling
- Accessible by MBTA (Porter Sq)
If you love to travel and are interested in supporting a fun, fast-paced business in the Boston area, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
If you have a passion for cycling and outdoor sports, an interest in the adventure travel industry, are excited about the prospect of working in a small business office and are seeking the opportunity to acquire new skills, we would love to have you join us! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always seeking new employees and would love to hear from you. If you are interested in joining Team DuVine, please forward your resume today to email@example.com. Have a general question related to careers with DuVine? Send us an email and we will get back to you within 24 hours.