|DuVine Bike Tour Guides||Operations Manager||Marketing + Social Media Specialist||General Internship Inquiries|
DuVine Bike Tour Guides
DuVine is always seeking new guides to share their passions with our guests on unforgettable cycling vacations all over the world. Whether giving a history lesson on the region, leading a scenic ride, maintaining our bikes, or preparing a picnic, our guides play an essential role in ensuring that our guests are happy.
We pride ourselves on recruiting guides who are compelling, genuine, charismatic leaders, tireless in their pursuit to create memorable experiences. They must be logistical masters who can juggle everything from fine-tuning a derailleur to communicating our guests’ dietary preferences at restaurants—and always with poise and grace.
To be considered, you must:
- Be fluent in the language of the country in which you wish to guide
- Possess intimate knowledge about the region
- Live locally
- Demonstrate general familiarity with bike mechanics
- Depending on the region, you may also be required to present a driving record and CPR and First Aid certification upon request.
If you’re as comfortable with introducing our guests to world-class cuisine and wine pairings as you are with paving the way for tough climbs and sharing cycling tips, please complete our bike tour guide application and send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about travel? Are you an organizational mastermind with a specialty in problem-solving? Are you self-motivated and possess great negotiation skills? You might be the ideal Operations Manager for DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co.
As an Operations Manager you will be working with suppliers for all aspects of the travel experience for our tours in France and Italy. You will be responsible for supplier communications, inventory, contracting, budget management and quality control as well as designing processes and system enhancements for the increased efficiency of the operations team. You will bring to the role a strong background in organization and negotiations and you will use your social skills to foster relationships with existing suppliers as well as develop new ones. Additionally, you will participate in and possibly drive changes to our supplier portfolio and product development.
- Managing key supplier accounts across France and Italy
- Negotiating contracts and rates with hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions
- Inventory, departure date, and budget management
- Identifying new business partners within your regions
- Manage staff travel including travel plans for CEO
- Degree in business, economics, finance, tourism, or similar
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with negotiations/relationship management in tourism
- Quick learner and a proven problem solver
- Excellent with numbers and Microsoft Excel and comfortable with systems and technology
- A strong team collaborator as well as capable of working independently
- Fluency in English and preferably French or Italian
- Well-traveled and willing to travel
- Highly sociable and energetic, positive, and with a sense of humor!
If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing + Social Media Specialist
DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. is seeking a Marketing + Social Media Specialist to cultivate and execute a social media strategy that will attract new followers while expanding brand awareness.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Write, develop, and execute social media strategies for DuVine with a compelling, sharp, and original voice
- Daily social media engagement, replies, direct messaging, and opportunities
- Attract new followers, generate inbound traffic, and expand brand awareness across social platforms
- Create interesting and engaging content and copy utilizing digital assets (photos, video, etc.)
- Outreach and collaboration with tour guides and partners to create new content and campaigns
- Build relationships with influencers in the cycling and travel world
- Utilize Facebook Ads Manager to boost posts and create Ads for greater return on investments
- Manage paid social budget and post promotion
- Measure and analyze social tactics and campaigns (i.e., audience growth, engagement, content reach, response rate and feedback) using social tracking tools
- Plan content strategy and create a publishing schedule with the marketing team
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and best practices in digital marketing, social media, design tools and applications
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns including e-blasts and workflows to customers and travel agencies
- Research/write blog posts on relevant topics and source supplemental open-source images
- Share the responsibility of website content updates in WordPress with the Marketing Team
- Assist with the organization and keywording of digital assets including photos and videos
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Ideal candidates should have work experience in the travel industry and/or cycling world
- Ability to work independently with little to no direction
- Creative thinker with strong writing skills, a distinctive voice, and enthusiasm for introducing new ideas
- Flexibility to share department responsibilities across a small team while maintaining focus on ongoing projects unique to your position
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience with HubSpot, WordPress, Google Analytics, social media strategy, and/or database management is a plus
- Boston-area local who will commute to our office in Somerville near Porter Square
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
General Internship Inquiries
If you have a passion for cycling and outdoor sports, an interest in the adventure travel industry, are excited about the prospect of working for a small business, and are seeking the opportunity to acquire new skills, we welcome your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.