DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. is seeking a Tour Coordinator. This position provides concierge-style service to our travelers while also assisting with the operations side of each tour departure. This is an entry-level position.
- Communicate with guests through phone and email correspondence in a clear professional manner.
- Finalize pre and post travel plans for guests including rail, hotel and car reservations.
- Manage customer accounts by accepting payment, processing reservation forms, producing client reports and sending trip materials.
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance a customer’s experience prior to departure.
- Communicate tour details to our international offices.
- Provide assistance to other team members, including our Sales and Marketing teams as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Service-minded with a confident, reassuring client interaction style.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Ability to problem-solve with confidence.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self-motivated as well as thrive in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe and web-based applications.
- Previous international travel planning experience preferred.
- Experience in a professional office setting.
- Fluency in French, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish helpful.
If you are a travel professional who enjoys challenges and has the energy and enthusiasm to support a growing business in the Boston area, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Services Intern
DuVine is a tour operator that specializes in luxury cycling vacations. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our guests through authentic travel experiences. We are looking for an intern who can help us during our busy tour season. A diverse project list allows our interns to gain experience in everything from customer service and operations to marketing and sales.
- Complete reservation management tasks
- Produce operational reports
- Process mailing requests
- Assist with inventory management
- Proof web and print materials
- Research pre/post tour travel options
- Communicate with guests and international offices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A self-motivated worker with solid problem solving abilities
- An energetic, team-oriented person with a positive mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior computer skills including Word, Excel, and web-based applications
- International travel planning experience is helpful
- Fluency in French, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish is helpful
- DU-BBQ Friday–Enjoy relaxed Fridays with BBQ lunches with the entire DuVine team. Get outside, enjoy the weather and a free lunch!
- Team Rides – Enjoy long bike rides through the park? So do we! During the summer we love to get out of the office and take an easy-going ride every now and then.
- Destination Trainings and Saved by the Glass – Learn about our tours, the culture, traditions, cuisine, and sample the wines of the region (if you are over 21, of course).
- $11 per hour
- Minimum of 32 hours per week
- 3 month minimum commitment required
- Available for spring, summer and fall positions
- Flexible scheduling
- Accessible by MBTA (Porter Square Station)
If you love to travel and are interested in supporting a fun, fast-paced business in the Boston area, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Travel Specialist with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our passionate team in Somerville, Massachusetts. If you have the desire to be part of an innovative and fast-growing company in the adventure travel industry, we look forward to your application! This is a salaried, full-time position and is eligible for benefits. This position reports to the Sales Director. The schedule is flexible to potentially include evening or weekend hours (depending on the time of year).
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource that offers helpful and accurate information to potential guests on all products and destinations
- Manage inbound leads from prospective guests generated through incoming calls, website forms, brochure requests, etc. to convert into sales
- Manage travel agent accounts and assist with information requests, reservations, and act as a resource to the agency industry
- Work with senior sales members and product team to facilitate the creation of custom itineraries, budgets, and pricing for private tours
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Maintain CRM database
- Actively follow up on leads to maximize sales and meet sales targets
- Establish strong relationships with our international, Marketing, and Guest Services teams to ensure superior customer service and product delivery
- Represent DuVine at customer-facing cycling events and travel industry meetings
- One to three years of sales experience, ideally in the travel and tourism industry
- Personable, service-minded, and able to adapt communication style to meet the needs of potential guests
- Well-organized, able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Financial acumen including budgeting, analysis, and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent writing skills for the production of detailed and creative documents and itineraries
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, and InDesign. Hubspot or CRM experience preferred
- A fun and flexible attitude that values company culture and a willingness to take a turn at the grill during one of our frequent summer BBQs
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in French, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese extremely helpful
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Designer + Marketing Associate
DuVine Cycling + Adventure Co. is seeking a Junior Designer + Marketing Associate to support the functions of the marketing staff on a daily basis.
- Design compelling marketing collateral including (but not limited to) email templates, website landing pages, presentations, print materials, and advertisements, generally from existing templates
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns including bi-weekly e-newsletters and automatic workflow emails
- Research/write blog posts on relevant topics and source supplemental open-source images; update and migrate blogs from our old website
- Make website content updates in WordPress and manage redirects
- Assist with the organization and keywording of digital assets including photos and videos for improved internal search functionality
- Manage printing of design collateral and relationships with vendors
- Select and source guest loyalty gifts; design and order packaging materials
- Create and manage monthly dashboard of general marketing analytics and debrief team on findings
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Ideal candidate should have work experience in the travel industry and/or cycling world
- Ability to work independently with little to no direction
- Exceptional writer
- Creative thinker with the ability to identify opportunities and introduce new ideas
- Flexibility to share department responsibilities across a small team while maintaining focus on ongoing projects unique to your position
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Lightroom
- Experience with HubSpot, WordPress, and Google Analytics is a plus
- Boston-area local who will commute to our office in Somerville near Porter Square
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DuVine Bike Tour Guides
DuVine is always seeking new guides to share their passions with our guests on unforgettable cycling vacations all over the world. Whether giving a history lesson on the region, leading a scenic ride, maintaining our bikes, or preparing a picnic, our guides play an essential role in ensuring that our guests are happy.
We pride ourselves on recruiting guides who are compelling, genuine, charismatic leaders, tireless in their pursuit to create memorable experiences. They must be logistical masters who can juggle everything from fine-tuning a derailleur to communicating our guests’ dietary preferences at restaurants—and always with poise and grace.
To be considered, you must:
- Be fluent in the language of the country in which you wish to guide
- Possess intimate knowledge about the region
- Live locally
- Demonstrate general familiarity with bike mechanics
- Depending on the region, you may also be required to present a driving record and CPR and First Aid certification upon request.
If you’re as comfortable with introducing our guests to world-class cuisine and wine pairings as you are with paving the way for tough climbs and sharing cycling tips, please complete our bike tour guide application and send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Internship Inquiries
If you have a passion for cycling and outdoor sports, an interest in the adventure travel industry, are excited about the prospect of working for a small business, and are seeking the opportunity to acquire new skills, we welcome your resume at email@example.com.