On the Bike
- Cycling jerseys or athletic shirts
- Cycling shorts
- Cycling shoes (if you bring your own pedals)
- Sneakers (if you don’t bring your own pedals)
- Athletic socks
- Arm/leg warmers
- Lightweight, waterproof, wind-resistant jacket or vest
- Bike gloves
- Bike saddle/cover (if you prefer your own)
|Do I Need to Bring Special Cycling Gear?
- Cycling shorts are designed to provide extra padding when spending the whole day in the saddle. You’ll be glad to have them—don’t forget the chamois cream!
- If you bring your own cycling shoes, you must bring your own pedals. If you’ve never used clip-in pedals before, we don’t recommend using them on tour.
- Arm and leg warmers are essential for cooler weather. Wear them with your short-sleeve jersey and shorts for lightweight, easy-to-pack, and effective warmth.
- Bike gloves are a preference, but are recommend for Level 3 and 4 tours. The padding in gloves can ease arm, shoulder, and joint fatigue.
Off the Bike
- Walking shoes
- Hiking shoes (if required)
- Long and short-sleeved shirts
- Sweater/jacket for evenings
- Dinner attire (dressy casual) + dress shoes
|Dressing for the Weather
- The location and time of year of your tour can bring all kinds of weather, from extreme heat to relentless rain. Check extended forecasts before your trip and pack accordingly.
- Travel confirmations and tickets for air, rail, etc.
- Passport, including photocopy
- Local currency
- DuVine Travel Guide (with meeting and departing information)
- Emergency contacts
- Health insurance information
|Before You Go
- Ensure your passport is valid for 3-6 months after return date
- Call your bank/credit cards to notify them of upcoming travel
- Please limit your luggage to one medium-sized suitcase and one carry-on
*We recommend keeping these items in your carry-on while traveling
- Cell phone and charger
- Photography gear and charger
- Power/plug adapter
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and other sun protection gear
- Insect repellent
Download a Printable Packing List
What We Provide
- Flat or caged pedals
*Based on availability
- Water bottle
- Snacks/nutrition for each ride
- Drawstring bag
- DuVine t-shirt
- DuVine jersey
View All Tour Inclusions Buy Additional DuVine Gear