Napa and Sonoma Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $3595
- Single Supplement: $750
|May 15 - May 20, 2016||$3595||Book Now|
|Jun 12 - Jun 17, 2016||$3695||Book Now|
|Sep 25 - Sep 30, 2016||$3695||Book Now|
- California’s Napa and Sonoma Valleys, from Healdsburg to the Coast, with a spectacular finish in the iconic Napa Valley
- Known for: endless vineyards, the Mayacamas Mountains, remote roads through ranchlands, stunning coastal views, and towering redwoods
- Eat: farm-to-table produce, grass-fed beef, local cheeses, and oysters
- Outstanding local wines from Napa and Sonoma’s best vineyards
- A picnic under the redwoods before cycling down Highway One’s scenic oceanfront drive
- Spending the night in Bodega Bay with gorgeous views of the Pacific
- Savoring freshly shucked oysters during lunch overlooking Tomales Bay
- Strolling through Sonoma’s quaint town square; visit the historic mission, or choose to explore the local tasting rooms
- Cycling through Carneros, the rolling hills of the southernmost sections of Napa and Sonoma
We include more on our cycling trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, three gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick upand drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning advising with optional upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
- Dinner on one free night
- Wine with meals
Strap in your sweetheart, and get ready for a honeymoon full of adventure with this list of eight active honeymoon ideas for your post-wedding vacation!
Private bike tours are more popular than ever and we’ve put together our top 10 private departures to spur your inspiration.
From the peaks of the Mayacamas down to the amazing Andes of South America–enjoy these 10 incredible photos of the world’s most beautiful mountain ranges.
Harvest time brings with it a bustling excitement. Get excited with these 10 stunning photos of the world’s most beautiful wine regions.
Step off the well-worn tourist causeway and get to know San Francisco in a more intimate way by seeking out these lesser-known yet equally fascinating pursuits.
Grab your fork and knife and dive into our list of our five favorite ways to experience food and travel in a few of the best foodie destinations in the world.
From classic to wacky, discover our list of top hotels for art lovers where the art isn’t meant to be displayed but to immerse the guest in an interactive experience.
California is calling. The sun-soaked vineyards, scenic coastlines and laid-back vibe make it the ultimate outdoor getaway.
Close your eyes and imagine your dream vacation with your husband or wife? What does it look like? How does it feel? Now open your eyes. It probably looks like Napa.
Enjoy the best that Napa and Sonoma have to offer with DuVine’s unique bicycle trips of the vineyards of California.
Join us on the Napa and Sonoma Bike Tour as we cycle the rugged California Coast through towering redwood forests. Explore the quaint towns of Healdsburg and Sonoma. Delight in a tasting of delicious Napa Cabernets and Pinot Noirs. You’ll never forget the spectacular views of endless vines and the Mayacamas Mountains from Dry Creek Valley or your delectable dinner in St. Helena. Relax at the MacArthur Place Spa in Sonoma before exploring the rolling hills of the Carneros appellation. This cycling vacation will show you the best of California, from the waves of the Pacific coast to the wines of the best vineyards in the country.
Tour by Day
Day One: West Dry Creek Warm Up
Your guides will meet you in San Francisco, and we’ll head north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County. Wander the grounds of our favorite winery before a bike fitting and safety talk. From there we’ll set off through the quiet roads of Sonoma, taking in the rolling hills of vineyards and shady oak groves. Stop for lunch at the ever-popular Jimtown General Store before continuing to Healdsburg to check into your first hotel or choose to add an extra loop onto the day. Tonight we’ll bring you to our favorite Healdsburg restaurant for an introduction to delectable Californian cuisine.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Chalk Hill Road, Healdsburg
Accomplished: 18 miles / 29 km
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg
Day Two: Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys
Enjoy breakfast and a stroll around the quaint Healdsburg Town Square. Today’s ride brings us into the gorgeous Alexander Valley where the strong sun and open fields cultivate beautiful Cabernets and Chardonnays. Enjoy a coffee in Geyserville before continuing over Canyon Road into the picturesque Dry Creek Valley. We’ll pause for a picnic lunch at a favorite winery before spinning over the rolling hills of West Dry Creek Road back to Healdsburg. This evening, Healdsburg is your oyster. Your guides are happy to recommend one of the town’s many acclaimed restaurants.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Alexander Valley, Geyserville, Dry Creek Valley
Accomplished: 30 miles / 48 km
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg
Day Three: Redwoods to the Coast
Today, say goodbye to Healdsburg as we set off toward the Pacific. We’ll begin our ride in the vineyards before arriving along the wooded roads of the Russian River. After a gorgeous walk in the Armstrong Redwoods, settle into a picnic lunch beneath these three hundred foot tall giants. From the forest we head to the coast. Enjoy your afternoon pedal down iconic Route One with waves crashing beneath you and the wind at your back. We’ll arrive at your coastal hotel, Bodega Bay Lodge, for an epic dinner with an ocean view.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Russian River, Armstrong Redwoods, Bodega Bay
Accomplished: 30 miles / 48 km (Longer option: 45 miles / 67.5 km)
Accommodations: Bodega Bay Lodge
Day Four: Sonoma Coast and Cow Country
After waking to the sounds of the bay below, we cycle south down the coast to explore the open fields of Sonoma’s cow country. We’ll pause for an unforgettable oyster lunch in Marshall along the shores of Tomales Bay. From here, take an optional transfer to Sonoma or continue on the most challenging afternoon of the week—conquering a series of gorgeous rollers. This evening we spend the night in the historic town of Sonoma. With so many fantastic restaurants, we will let you explore the authentic town square on your own or stay in for a massage at MacArthur Place’s amazing spa.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Destinations: Tomales Bay, Marshall, Petaluma, Sonoma
Accomplished: 23 miles / 37 km (Longer option: 58 miles / 87 km)
Accommodation: MacArthur Place
Day Five: Carneros into Napa
Today we’ll explore the rolling hills of the Carneros appellation at the intersection of the San Francisco Bay, the coastal mountains, and the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. This region is home to some of the greatest Pinots and Cabernets of California. Cycle on these quiet roads past cows and vineyards with views of the bay before entering the heart of Napa’s wooded valley. We’ll pass California’s most prestigious vineyards before stopping for our last unbelievable lunch paired with Napa wines. Enjoy dinner will be at our hotel, Harvest Inn, and raise a glass to your final meal together.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Destinations: Carneros, Napa Valley, Oakville, St. Helena
Accomplished: 45 miles / 72 km
Accommodation: Harvest Inn
Day Six: Famed Napa Valley
Sleep in, enjoy a leisurely breakfast, or join your guides on one last ride through Napa with a coffee break at Velo Vino (owned by the Clif Bar family), our favorite cycling themed cafe in St Helena. We’ll regroup at the hotel before shuttling you back to San Francisco where we’ll bid each other farewell.
Destinations: Pope Valley, St Helena, Silverado Trail
Accomplished: 28 miles / 45 km