Sonoma 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $2595
- Single Supplement: $650
|Nov 6 - Nov 9, 2016||$2795||Call to book|
|Feb 23 - Feb 26, 2017||$2795||Book Now|
|Feb 27 - Mar 2, 2017||$2795||Book Now|
|Mar 19 - Mar 22, 2017||$2595||Book Now|
|Mar 23 - Mar 26, 2017||$2795||Book Now|
- California’s northern coast, located north of San Francisco and west of Napa
- Known for: endless vineyards, the Mayacamas Mountains, remote roads through ranchlands, stunning coastal views, and towering redwoods
- Eat: farm-to-table produce, grass-fed beef, local cheeses, and oysters
- Drink: Outstanding Pinot Noirs, Zinfandels, Cabernets, and many more from Sonoma’s most famous vineyards
- Riding the beautiful and remote coast along Bodega Bay and the Pacific Ocean
- Enjoying a picnic in Armstrong Redwoods State Park surrounded by 1,400-year-old trees that tower over 300 feet high
- Tasting the best of the region at one of the oldest cheese producers in the country, the Marin French Cheese Company
- Savoring California’s most famous wines where they’re grown, from the coastal Pinot Noir of Joseph Phelps, to the unforgettable Cabernet of Frog’s Leap in Napa
- Enjoying a Michelin-starred meal at Terrapin Creek
We include more on our cycling trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, two gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick upand drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning advising with optional upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
- Dinner on one free night
- Wine with meals
Time at DuVine: 5 years Hometown: Berkeley, California Ride With Alice: California BIKE: A long ride over the Crete Senesi and into the Chianti countryside EAT: The pistachio encrusted tuna at Il Crocifisso on the Sicily tour… I dream of this meal DRINK: “Il Bugiardo” the namesake Valpolicella Classico from Buglioni winery near Verona SLEEP: The […]
It’s no secret that Sonoma has the best there is to offer in wineries, farm-to-table restaurants, breweries, and cheesemakers. Add in cycling routes through quiet country roads, redwood forests, vineyards, and along rugged coastlines, and there’s no better recipe for a great bike tour. But there’s a secret we like to surprise our guests with: […]
Ever since I first climbed on a carbon whip, I’ve loved going uphill. Maybe it was decades riding on steel, or my experience bike camping on loaded touring bikes, but powering skinny tires up a steep grade makes me break out in polka dots. Over the years, I’ve become acquainted with some of the toughest, […]
There’s nothing better in life than ending a hard day with a comfortable night spent in stunning surroundings. Whether you’re slumbering in a converted Costa Rican airliner or grabbing a midnight snack in the midst of a star-bound safari, these once in a lifetime retreats are guaranteed to make your active vacations unforgettable. 727 Fuselage | Costa Rica In a scene […]
From the iconic lush rolling hills of Tuscany to the alpine hills of Austria, drink in our list of the greenest destinations in the world.
Strap in your sweetheart, and get ready for a honeymoon full of adventure with this list of eight active honeymoon ideas for your post-wedding vacation!
From the peaks of the Mayacamas down to the amazing Andes of South America–enjoy these 10 incredible photos of the world’s most beautiful mountain ranges.
Harvest time brings with it a bustling excitement. Get excited with these 10 stunning photos of the world’s most beautiful wine regions.
Step off the well-worn tourist causeway and get to know San Francisco in a more intimate way by seeking out these lesser-known yet equally fascinating pursuits.
Grab your fork and knife and dive into our list of our five favorite ways to experience food and travel in a few of the best foodie destinations in the world.
From classic to wacky, discover our list of top hotels for art lovers where the art isn’t meant to be displayed but to immerse the guest in an interactive experience.
California is calling. The sun-soaked vineyards, scenic coastlines and laid-back vibe make it the ultimate outdoor getaway.
Join DuVine and Elisir’s Chef Enzo Fargione for the Chef on Wheels Sonoma Bike Tour and revel in the stunning views of the rugged Sonoma Coast as you cycle along Bodega Bay.
DuVine is proud to partner with some of Travel + Leisure’s 2013 World’s Best Award winners.
Close your eyes and imagine your dream vacation with your husband or wife? What does it look like? How does it feel? Now open your eyes. It probably looks like Napa.
On his recent bike tour in Sonoma County, DuVine’s Evan Cooper discovered the wonders of this diverse region of California, both on the bike and in the vineyards.
Enjoy the best that Napa and Sonoma have to offer with DuVine’s unique bicycle trips of the vineyards of California.
Join us on a 4-Day Sonoma Bike Tour and revel in the stunning views of the rugged California coast as you cycle along Bodega Bay. Ride into the heart of California’s towering redwoods and explore the quaint town of Healdsburg. You’ll delight in visits to wineries in the Dry Creek Valley, rides through scenic vineyards with the Mayacamas Mountains in the distance, and delectable meals at the best restaurants in the region. Explore the diversity of California, from waves to wine, on this unforgettable bike tour of Sonoma.
Tour by Day
Day One: Pastoral Sonoma
Your guides will meet you in San Francisco, and we’ll head north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County. Before embarking on a gorgeous ride, we’ll sample some locally produced cheeses at the Marin French Cheese Co. Our ride will take us past the pastoral ranches and farms of rural Sonoma. After lunch at a local cyclists’ hangout, we’ll taste some of the fine Sonoma Coast wines at Joseph Phelps Freestone Vineyards. Marvel at the stunning views from the rugged headlands of Bodega Bay as we cycle to our hotel. Tonight, we kick off the tour with an exquisite meal at Michelin-starred Terrapin Creek.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Marin French Cheese Company, Tomales, Bodega Bay
Accomplished: 39 miles / 61 km
Accommodations: Bodega Bay Lodge
Day Two: The Coast through the Redwoods
Start your day right, with an optional morning ride along the Pacific coast. Then we’ll head into the coastal range as we ride into the heart of the redwoods. At the Armstrong Redwoods State Park, we’ll explore 1,400-year-old trees that tower over 300 feet high and enjoy a snack before continuing onto lunch. Catch a lift in the van or continue riding along the Russian River after lunch. We’ll stop along the historic West Side Road for a visit and tasting of some crisp Chardonnays and velvety Pinot Noirs at our favorite winery en route to Healdsburg. Tonight you’ll enjoy dinner on your own in Healdsburg.
Meals: Breakfast / Picnic Lunch
Destinations: Armstrong Redwoods State Park, Russian River Valley, Westside Road, Healdsburg
Accomplished: 34 miles / 51 km (Longer option: 45 miles / 67.5 km)
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg or Madrona Manor
Day Three: Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys
This morning we’ll cycle through quiet West Dry Creek Road, passing acres of vines with the Mayacamas Mountains in the distance on quiet back roads dotted with vineyards. We’ll stop to taste some olive oil or continue cycling to Geyserville before hitting up the Jimtown Store. Known for amazing gourmet sandwiches and fresh salads, the Jimtown Store is always a favorite stop. After, we’ll ride on to a tasting at Ridge Winery where we’ll enjoy stunning views from its hilltop perch. Dinner tonight will be at a highly acclaimed restaurant in Healdsburg.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley
Accomplished: 21 miles / 31.5 (Longer option: 34 miles / 51 km)
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg or Madrona Manor
Day Four: Chalk Hill Road and Napa Valley
Start the day with a pre-breakfast ride along the quiet roads of Healdsburg into the Alexander Valley. Stop for coffee along the way then loop back to the hotel on what is one of our favorite rides of the week. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and prepare to depart for San Francisco. On our way back to the city we’ll enjoy a beautiful drive through the famed Napa Valley and dine in St. Helena at a popular lunch stop. Then stroll through the private gardens at Frog’s Leap winery while sipping on their unforgettable Cabernet, before finally journeying back to San Francisco where your guides bid you farewell.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Chalk Hill Road, Alexander Valley
Accomplished: 27 miles / 41 km