Sonoma 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $2595
- Single Supplement: $650
|Mar 19 - Mar 22, 2017||$2595||Sold out|
|Apr 13 - Apr 16, 2017||$2795||Book Now|
|May 21 - May 24, 2017||$2595||Book Now|
|Jun 1 - Jun 4, 2017||$2995||Sold out|
|Jun 18 - Jun 21, 2017||$2695||Book Now|
- California’s northern coast, located north of San Francisco and west of Napa
- Known for: endless vineyards, the Mayacamas Mountains, remote roads through ranchlands, stunning coastal views, and towering redwoods
- Eat: farm-to-table produce, grass-fed beef, local cheeses, and oysters
- Outstanding local wines from Sonoma’s most beautiful vineyards
- Cycle along the beautiful and remote Pacific Coast, past rugged headlands and crashing waves
- Picnic in Armstrong Redwoods State Park surrounded by 1,400-year-old trees that tower over 300 feet high
- Discover hidden gems like Wildflour bakery with its adjoining gardens
- Savor California’s most famous wines where they’re grown and explore Sonoma’s burgeoning microbrewery scene; from the coastal Pinot Noir of Joseph Phelps to the robust Zinfandels of Ridge Winery and the most famous IPAs straight from the source
We include more on our cycling trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, two gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines at dinners
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick upand drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance with optional upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
Time at DuVine: 5 years Hometown: Berkeley, California Ride With Alice: California BIKE: Waking in Bodega Bay, cycling north along the coast, through the Russian River Valley, lunch in the redwoods, and the final miles through rolling vineyards to arrive in Healdsburg for a wine tasting EAT: Pistachio-encrusted tuna at Il Crocifisso with a side of caponata […]
It’s no secret that Sonoma has the best there is to offer in wineries, farm-to-table restaurants, breweries, and cheesemakers. Add in cycling routes through quiet country roads, redwood forests, vineyards, and along rugged coastlines, and there’s no better recipe for a great bike tour. But there’s a secret we like to surprise our guests with: […]
Ever since I first climbed on a carbon whip, I’ve loved going uphill. Maybe it was decades riding on steel, or my experience bike camping on loaded touring bikes, but powering skinny tires up a steep grade makes me break out in polka dots. Over the years, I’ve become acquainted with some of the toughest, […]
There’s nothing better in life than ending a hard day with a comfortable night spent in stunning surroundings. Whether you’re slumbering in a converted Costa Rican airliner or grabbing a midnight snack in the midst of a star-bound safari, these once in a lifetime retreats are guaranteed to make your active vacations unforgettable. 727 Fuselage | Costa Rica In a scene […]
From the iconic lush rolling hills of Tuscany to the alpine hills of Austria, drink in our list of the greenest destinations in the world.
Strap in your sweetheart, and get ready for a honeymoon full of adventure with this list of eight active honeymoon ideas for your post-wedding vacation!
From the peaks of the Mayacamas down to the amazing Andes of South America–enjoy these 10 incredible photos of the world’s most beautiful mountain ranges.
Harvest time brings with it a bustling excitement. Get excited with these 10 stunning photos of the world’s most beautiful wine regions.
Step off the well-worn tourist causeway and get to know San Francisco in a more intimate way by seeking out these lesser-known yet equally fascinating pursuits.
Grab your fork and knife and dive into our list of our five favorite ways to experience food and travel in a few of the best foodie destinations in the world.
From classic to wacky, discover our list of top hotels for art lovers where the art isn’t meant to be displayed but to immerse the guest in an interactive experience.
California is calling. The sun-soaked vineyards, scenic coastlines and laid-back vibe make it the ultimate outdoor getaway.
Join DuVine and Elisir’s Chef Enzo Fargione for the Chef on Wheels Sonoma Bike Tour and revel in the stunning views of the rugged Sonoma Coast as you cycle along Bodega Bay.
DuVine is proud to partner with some of Travel + Leisure’s 2013 World’s Best Award winners.
Close your eyes and imagine your dream vacation with your husband or wife? What does it look like? How does it feel? Now open your eyes. It probably looks like Napa.
On his recent bike tour in Sonoma County, DuVine’s Evan Cooper discovered the wonders of this diverse region of California, both on the bike and in the vineyards.
Enjoy the best that Napa and Sonoma have to offer with DuVine’s unique bicycle trips of the vineyards of California.
Join us on a 4-Day Sonoma Bike Tour and revel in the stunning views of the rugged California coast as you cycle along the Pacific Coast past Bodega Bay. Ride into the heart of California’s towering redwoods and explore the quaint town of Healdsburg. Delight in visits to wineries in the Dry Creek Valley, rides through scenic vineyards with the Mayacamas Mountains in the distance, and delectable meals at our favorite restaurants in the region. Explore the diversity of California, from waves to wine, on this unforgettable bike tour of Sonoma.
Tour by Day
Day One: Pastoral Sonoma
Your guides will meet you in San Francisco, and we’ll transfer you north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County. Begin with the essentials: a bike fitting, safety talk, and map review before tasting cheeses at Marin French Cheese company. Our ride will take us past Sonoma’s rural ranches and pastoral farms. The biggest climb of the week comes early, but is rewarded with beautiful views of Tomales Bay. After lunch at a local cyclists’ hangout, we’ll continue to our favorite bakery, then choose a van transfer or continue a few more miles on the bike to the Bodega Bay Lodge. Tonight, we kick off the tour with an exquisite meal at Michelin-starred Terrapin Creek.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Marin French Cheese Company, Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay
Accomplished: 21 miles / 33 km, elevation gain: 500 meters (Longer option: 42 miles / 67 km, elevation gain: 910 meters)
Accommodations: Bodega Bay Lodge
Day Two: The Coast through the Redwoods
Today’s stunning ride highlights the best of California. Start your day pedaling past rugged headlands along the Pacific Coast. Our ride veers east into the coastal range and arrives at Armstrong Redwoods State Park. Gaze skyward at the 1,400-year-old trees towering over 300 feet, then settle beneath them for a picnic lunch. We’ll stop on the historic West Side Road to taste crisp Chardonnays and velvety Pinot Noirs at our favorite winery en route to Healdsburg. Tonight, enjoy dinner on your own in Healdsburg.
Meals: Breakfast / Picnic Lunch
Destinations: Armstrong Redwoods State Park, Russian River Valley, Westside Road, Healdsburg
Accomplished: 40 miles / 64 km, elevation gain: 540 meters (Longer option: 47 miles / 75 km, elevation gain: 585 meters)
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg
Day Three: Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys
This morning we’ll cycle West Dry Creek Road in a region flush with welcoming vineyards. As we cross into Alexander Valley, quiet back roads open up to dreamy views of the Mayacamas Mountains and we’ll stop for a coffee among acres of vines. Lunch is served at a favorite outdoor sandwich shop before we return to the pool at the hotel. Tonight, we celebrate our time together at a very special farewell dinner.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley, Jimtown Store, Ridge Winery
Accomplished: 38 miles / 61 km, elevation gain: 415 meters
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg
Day Four: Chalk Hill Road and Napa Valley
If you haven’t had your fill of wine country, take an optional spin along the Russian River Valley and Chalk Hill, or enjoy your morning coffee and a leisurely stroll around Healdsburg’s town square. Around midday, we’ll head back toward the Bay Area, stopping for lunch and beer at a local microbrewery. Then it’s back to San Francisco where our adventure concludes.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Destinations: Chalk Hill Road, Alexander Valley, Petaluma
Accomplished: 30 miles / 48 km, elevation gain: 350 meters