Your guides will meet you in Santa Barbara and whisk you off to a cyclist-friendly café owned by a pair of former pros. After a bike fitting and safety review, begin riding towards historic Santa Barbara Mission and on to the coast. After lunch (plus local beers on tap), choose a shorter route back to the hotel or challenge yourself on the hills for breathtaking views of Santa Barbara and the coast. This evening, we’ll have a drink out on the town, followed by our first dinner together at a restaurant in the heart of Santa Barbara.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Mission Santa Barbara, Hope Ranch Road, East Mountain Drive
Accomplished: 26 miles / 42 km, elevation gain: 1,666 feet / 507 meters
Shorter Option: 18 miles / 29 km, elevation gain: 905 feet / 275 meters
Accommodations: Hotel Californian
This morning after breakfast, a short transfer takes us into the midst of Santa Barbara’s wine country to ride on Foxen Canyon Road. On our gentle climb, we’re accompanied by fields of lazily grazing cattle and views of the Santa Ynez Mountains. Descend past fields of Rhone varietals in Foxen Canyon and the Santa Maria Valley where chic tasting rooms dot the landscape. The most beautiful lunch of our trip takes place at our favorite winery, accompanied by a tasting overlooking acres of vineyards. Arrive at our next hotel, Fess Parker, by van or by bike. Relax by the pool before dinner, then gather for a taste of essential California cuisine.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / DinnerDestinations: Foxen Canyon, Sisquoc, Santa MariaAccomplished: 30 miles / 50 km, elevation gain: 1,929 feet / 587 metersLonger Option: 60 miles / 100 km, elevation gain: 3,858 feet / 1,164 metersAccommodations: Fess Parker
This morning we’ll start the day merrily pedaling through bucolic Happy Canyon. Surrounded by horse ranches and hillside vineyards, you’ll experience a quiet contrast to the typical bustling wine route. After a coffee stop, join us at one of the most unique restaurants in the area for lunch and dine at shared tables with in-the-know locals. Tonight we toast our time together with a farewell cocktail, followed by our final dinner at our favorite local restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Santa Ynez, Happy Canyon, Solvang, Ballard Canyon
Accomplished: 30 miles / 48 km, elevation gain: 1,660 feet / 506 meters
Shorter Option: 19 miles / 30 km, elevation gain: 886 feet / 270 meters
Accommodations: Fess Parker
On our last day, wake up early and join the guides for one more ride or linger at our Los Olivos hotel and browse the boutiques in town. We’ll see you off in Santa Barbara after brunch—complete with mimosas, of course.
Destinations: Los Olivos
Accomplished: 16 miles / 26 km, elevation gain: 1,222 feet / 372 meters
DuVine itineraries may be subject to slight route changes, hotel substitutions, and other modifications.
Airport City: Santa Barbara or Los Angeles, California Pick-Up Location: Santa Barbara’s downtown Amtrak station (209 State Street) Pick-Up Time: 9:00 am
Airport City: Santa Barbara or Los Angeles, California Drop-Off Location: Downtown Santa Barbara Drop-Off Time: 1:00 pm
COVID-19 Travel Restrictions
For the latest travel restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic—including quarantine requirements—please review California’s state travel guidelines.
Weather by Month
Average Temperature + Precipitation
- Thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region
- Luggage transfers
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, nutritious snacks, and après velo cocktails
- 3 gourmet dinners at our favorite local restaurants and renowned culinary establishments
- Carefully selected local wine, beer, or spirits with every meal
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the tour itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, museums, parks, and all other exclusive events
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection
- Bike helmet
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
- GPS in most destinations
- Expert bilingual guides with extensive local knowledge
- Support vehicle that follows the day’s route, distributes refreshments, and offers lifts
- Pick-up and drop-off before and after your tour from predetermined meeting points
- Daily bike maintenance to ensure optimal performance