Your guides will meet you in Santa Barbara and whisk you off to the Santa Ynez Valley. The sleepy town of Los Alamos is our first stop, an Old West outpost that has blossomed into an impressive foodie destination over the past few years. After a bike fitting and safety review, settle in for a light lunch. Our first ride passes roaming cattle, ventures into vineyards, and enters Foxen Canyon. We’ll enjoy a wine tasting along the way before heading to the Fess Parker Wine Country Inn, our home for the next two nights. This evening, explore the many tasting rooms of Los Olivos before we bring you to our favorite restaurant to enjoy the best of Californian cuisine.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Los Alamos, Solvang, Los Olivos
Accomplished: 20 miles / 32 km, elevation gain: 299 meters
Longer Option: 32 miles / 51 km, elevation gain: 448 meters
Accommodations: Fess Parker Wine Country Inn
This morning we’ll start the day merrily pedaling through bucolic Happy Canyon. Surrounded by horse ranches and hillside vineyards, you’ll experience a quiet contrast to the typical bustling wine route. After a coffee stop, join us at one of the most unique restaurants in the area for lunch and dine at shared tables with in-the-know locals. This evening, you’re free to venture into Los Olivos, and you can’t go wrong with wherever you choose to dine on your own.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Santa Ynez, Happy Canyon, Solvang, Ballard Canyon
Accomplished: 34 miles / 55 km, elevation gain: 341 meters
Shorter Option: 24 miles / 39 km, elevation gain: 181 meters
Accommodations: Fess Parker Wine Country Inn
Bid farewell to the Santa Ynez valley as we cycle through Ballard Canyon and out to Santa Rosa Road. Climb up gentle grades and pass vast stretches of vineyards, farmland, and bright fields of marigolds as we head west toward the Pacific. We’ll pause along the way to enjoy lunch at Sanford Winery, then make our way along the Pacific Coast to your hotel where you will have some time to enjoy the grounds and relax. We will wrap up the day with a farewell dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Ballard Canyon, Santa Rosa Road, Sanford Winery
Accomplished: 40 miles / 64 km, elevation gain: 299 meters
Shorter Option: 26 miles / 42 km, elevation gain: 256 meters
Accommodations: Canary Santa Barbara
This morning, after a coffee by the rooftop pool at your hotel, we’ll hit the road to explore the most beautiful neighborhoods of Santa Barbara. Opt for an easy coastal route, or challenge yourself on the hills for breathtaking views of Santa Barbara and the coast. We’ll pass the historic Santa Barbara Mission and can stop for coffee at Handlebar, a local cyclist haunt owned by two former pros. Finally, we’ll bid each other farewell over one final brunch—complete with mimosas—at the Canary.
Destinations: Mission Santa Barbara, Hope Ranch Road, Santa Barbara Boardwalk
Accomplished: 15 miles / 24 km, elevation gain: 160 meters
Longer Option: 28 miles / 45 km, elevation gain: 363 meters
DuVine itineraries may be subject to slight route changes, hotels substitutions, and other modifications.
Airport City: Santa Barbara or Los Angeles, California Pick-Up Location: Santa Barbara’s downtown Amtrak station (209 State Street) Pick-Up Time: 10:00 am
Airport City: Santa Barbara or Los Angeles, California Drop-Off Location: Downtown Santa Barbara Drop-Off Time: 1:00 pm
Any scheduled tour can be made private. Your group, your dates. Go Private
- Thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region
- Luggage transfers
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, nutritious snacks, and après velo cocktails
- 2 gourmet dinners at our favorite local restaurants and renowned culinary establishments
- Carefully selected local wine, beer, or spirits with every meal
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the tour itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, museums, parks, and all other exclusive events
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection and bike helmet
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
- GPS in most destinations
- Expert bilingual guides with extensive local knowledge
- Support vehicle that follows the day’s route, distributes refreshments, and offers lifts
- Pick-up and drop-off before and after your tour from predetermined meeting points
- Daily bike maintenance to ensure optimal performance