There’s nothing more important than the health, comfort, and well-being of our travelers and team. The CDC and WHO warn that COVID-19 is primarily spread through direct, person-to-person contact, so DuVine is focused on reducing the risk of transmission the following ways.
Safety has always been a priority at DuVine and in the context of COVID-19, outdoor recreation remains one of the safest ways to travel. We’ve consulted with experts to adapt our on-tour protocols while maintaining the level of luxury you’ve come to expect.
Requirements for Arriving Healthy
- We ask that you arrive for your tour in good health. You’ll be asked to attest that you are fully vaccinated; otherwise, you will be required to have a negative test within 72 hours prior to the start of your tour.
- Face coverings or masks must be worn while in the van or where required by local regulations.
- Please take note of and follow any travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in your intended destination.
- The vast majority of our guides are vaccinated.
Keeping Spaces Safe
- We’ve always had the smallest group sizes in the industry. DuVine’s group sizes never exceed 14 guests.
- Our carefully selected hotel partners have implemented proper physical distancing by limiting the in-person presence of employees and guests in communal spaces (like restaurants and lobbies).
Special Attention to Sanitizing
- DuVine requires all our vendors and hotels to adhere to strict operating and sanitizing standards, including specialized training for hotel and restaurant staff and stringent cleaning protocol.
- Your guides will clean every piece of gear and equipment thoroughly and regularly—including bikes, GPS, and van surfaces.
- We’ll supply you with your own disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer, to use as you prefer.
Food Preparation + Dining
- We’ll be dining outdoors whenever possible plus offering more flexible dining options, including the choice to dine in-room or on your own.
- Our guides will be required to wear gloves and masks when preparing or handling any food at picnics or snack stops.
Providing Personal Choice
- Going private is as great an option as ever if you wish to travel just with your group of family or friends.
- In addition to more flexible dining options, we’ll be offering increased flexibility for social activities, artisan visits, and other experiences—there’s no pressure to join if you feel safer sitting it out.