There’s nothing more important than the health, comfort, and well-being of our travelers and team. The CDC and WHO warn that COVID-19 is primarily spread through direct, person-to-person contact, so DuVine is focused on reducing the risk of transmission the following ways.
Safety has always been a priority at DuVine and in the new context of COVID-19, outdoor recreation remains one of the safest ways to travel. We’ve consulted with experts to adapt our on-tour protocols while maintaining the level of luxury you’ve come to expect.
Keeping Spaces Safe
- We’ve always had the smallest group sizes in the industry, and we’re reducing them even further to keep you safe. For the time being, our scheduled departures are limited to eight guests.
- To ensure proper physical distance in our support van, seating will be assigned. We’ve also revised some itineraries to shorten transfers—and therefore reduce time in the van.
- While riding, you’ll be asked to maintain a distance of at least six feet from your fellow cyclists.
- Our hotel partners are implementing proper physical distancing by limiting the in-person presence of employees and guests in communal spaces (like restaurants and lobbies).
Special Attention to Sanitizing
- DuVine requires all our vendors and hotels to adhere to strict operating and sanitizing standards, including specialized training for hotel and restaurant staff and stringent cleaning protocol.
- Your guides will clean every piece of gear and equipment thoroughly and regularly—including bikes, GPS, and van surfaces.
- We’ll supply you with your own disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer, to use as you prefer.
Food Preparation + Dining
- Social distancing will extend to meals—we’ll be dining outdoors whenever possible, and eating at separate tables limited to travelers in the same household.
- To ensure your comfort, we’ll also be offering more flexible dining options, including the choice to dine in-room or on your own.
- Our guides will be required to wear gloves and masks when preparing or handling any food at picnics or snack stops.
Requiring Your Cooperation
- We ask that you arrive for your tour in good health. You’ll be required to complete a health survey prior to your arrival. Based on the answers, DuVine reserves the right to restrict symptomatic or exposed travelers from joining a tour.
- Please take note of and follow any travel restrictions or quarantine requirements in your intended destination.
- Temperatures will be taken on arrival. A reading of ≥100 degrees will prevent any person from joining the tour.
- Face coverings or masks must be worn over your nose and mouth while in the van, walking around towns, at any stops or safety briefings, in restaurants (when not eating), or at any other group activities. Face coverings will not be required while riding if a safe distance is maintained on the bikes.
Providing Personal Choice
- Going private is a greater option than ever. On many itineraries, you’re guaranteed the lowest published price with a private group of six or more.
- In addition to more flexible dining options, we’ll be offering increased flexibility for social activities, artisan visits, and other experiences—there’s no pressure to join if you feel safer sitting it out.