Corsica Pro Series Bike Tour
- Region: France
- Destination: Corsica
- Duration: 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Level: Competitive/Pro
- Price From: $5295
- Single Supplement: $1100
|Jul 24 - Jul 29, 2016||$5995||Book Now|
- France’s mountainous Mediterranean island
- Known for: stunning rocky coastlines, les Calanches (natural granite formations), soaring mountains and lush forests, and sandy Mediterranean beaches; known as the Island of Beauty
- Eat: wild boar, local cured meats, goat’s and sheep’s milk cheeses, chestnuts, and fresh seafood
- Drink: Patrimonio and Sciacarello Corsican wines and Mattei’s famous Cap Corse apéritif
- Climbing the epic Col de Vergio (34 km, 1,478 m above sea level) and Col de Sevi (9 km, 1,101 m)
- Enjoying dinner at Capo Rosso while overlooking the rocky coast as the sun sets
- Cycling along the stunning Calanches, the natural granite formations the Corsican coast is famous for
- Outrageous bird’s eye views of the most mountainous island in the Mediterranean
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, four gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
We asked a few of our guides about their favorite beaches in the countries where they live and guide. Here’s what they told us.
Travel with us, and cycling guide Nick Graham, through Corsica’s storied past and learn how the island’s inhabitants through history influence the eclectic culture of Corsica.
Join one professional traveler as he dives deep into the Italian and French Rivieras and shares the best way to explore these stunning coastal regions.
Enjoy the serenity of these bike tour destinations! Relax at some of the best spas in the world.
Climb soaring mountain roads with not a car in sight on the Corsica Pro Series Bike Tour. Wind through delightful coastal towns, from Bastia to Calvi and Piana to Ajaccio. Explore the lush green forests and staggering rocky cliffs. Enjoy the exquisite peace of the island life, challenging yourself to conquer its highest peaks and treating yourself to all its finest delicacies. Fresh seafood and local game are among the culinary pleasures on offer to fuel our rides. And with exceptional accommodations awaiting us every night, we’ll wake up well-rested for another epic day on our dream Corsican cycling trip.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to l’Isle de Beauté
Your guides will greet you at the airport in Bastia, and we’re off. We’ll transfer to the small town of Porticciolo on the Cap Corse. Discover the island’s northern peninsula on a 69-kilometer romp, with the Mediterranean in every direction. The road quickly pitches upward through sheep pastures and vines before we descend toward the sea. Pass through villages and along rocky beaches on the Cap’s coastal road. Race to our tranquil hotel in St. Florent, La Roya, and relax under the sun on the beach. Toast our ride with a glass of the local Patrimonio wine and enjoy a delicious Michelin-starred meal at La Roya tonight.
Meals: Light Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Cap Corse, Patrimonio wine region, St. Florent
Accomplished: 43 miles / 69.5 km; 3,602 feet / 1,098 meters of climbing
Accommodations: La Roya
Day Two: Riding Inland from St. Florent to Calvi
We’ll ride today into the mainland of Corsica, starting with 40 rolling kilometers through the rocky Désert d’Agriates. Climbing higher and higher, we’ll stick to quiet, car-free lanes. Descend to the town of Belgodere and ride along the ridge, with constant views of the sea below and the mountains above. Small villages abound with fresh produce or a quick sandwich to energize us for the final clicks. From the hill town of Muro we’ll descend back toward the water to arrive with a sprint finish at our next luxurious hotel, La Signoria. Stretch out and relax! We’ll refuel with dinner at the hotel’s stylish restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch /. Dinner
Destinations: Desert des Agrigates, Muro, Calvi
Accomplished: 64 miles / 103 km; 4,947 feet / 1,508 meters of climbing
Accommodations: La Roya
Day Three: Calvi Loop
After yesterday’s mountainous ride, our legs deserve a little respite. We’ll roll past Calvi, the presumed birthplace of Christopher Columbus, then onto the coastal road, where magnificent granitic formations and clean blue water await, all the way to the beach town of Galeria. From here, we’ll climb up to the farmlands above the sea for a cyclist’s lunch of fresh, nutritious food. Descend back to La Signoria to relax, get a massage, and explore Calvi. Or visit one of the many nearby wineries. Tonight is yours to enjoy dinner and an evening out on the town.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Galeria, Calvi
Accomplished: 42 miles / 68 km; 2,657 feet / 810 meters of climbing
Accommodations: La Signoria
Day Four: Along the Rocky Coast from Calvi to Piana
Ride 60 awesome kilometers directly above the water hundreds of feet below us. Few rides are as visually stunning as this. We’ll climb the mountains above the Mediterranean through the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Golf of Porto and les Calanches de Piana. Capping off the epic day is an 11-kilometer climb up to the hotel Capo Rosso, with its outrageous view overlooking the granite Calanches, sculpted by the wind and sea. Enjoy dinner at Capo Rosso tonight in an idyllic setting, overlooking the rocky coast as the sun sets on its red rock.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Porto, Les Calanches
Accomplished: 50 miles / 80.5 km; 5,364 feet / 1,635 meters of climbing
Accommodations: Capo Rosso
Day Five: The Queen Stage
Ride the thrilling 11-kilometer descent down to Porto. Then, we climb the 34 kilometers, ascent into scrub-oak forests and chestnut groves, which give way to gigantic Corsican pines. Only when the trees thin out will we arrive at the Col de Vergio. Marvel at the land below before attacking our second climb of the day: the Col de Sevi. Finally, we descend again, ending our epic ride in the seaside town of Sagone. Enjoy a fantastic lunch before speeding off by boat to the Sofitel Thalassa in Porticcio. Celebrate our week with a beautiful meal at Thalassa and a glass of Sciacarello wine.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Porto, Col de Vergio, Col de Sevi, Sagone, Porticcio
Accomplished: 53 miles / 85.5 km; 6,085 feet / 1,855m of climbing
Accommodations: Sofitel La Thalassa
Day Six: Au Revoir
Awake to the sounds of the waves and take in a great breakfast at the Sofitel. You’ve earned it. Reflect on the amazing rides you just accomplished, keep your legs limber with a short spin in the area, or get a much-deserved massage. Your guides will see you off at Ajaccio airport.