Sonoma 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Level: Weekend
- Price From: $2595
- Single Supplement: $650
|Sep 20 - Sep 23, 2015||$2795||Call to book|
|Oct 4 - Oct 7, 2015||$2795||Book Now|
|Nov 1 - Nov 4, 2015||$2595||Book Now|
|Feb 29 - Mar 3, 2016||$2595||Book Now|
|Apr 11 - Apr 14, 2016||$2595||Book Now|
- California’s northern coast, located north of San Francisco and west of Napa
- Known for: endless vineyards, the Mayacamas Mountains, remote roads through ranchlands, stunning coastal views, and towering redwoods
- Eat: farm-to-table organic produce, grass-fed beef, and oysters
- Outstanding local wines from the vineyards of Joseph Phelps, Ridge, and Silver Oak
- Riding the beautiful and remote coast along Bodega Bay and the Pacific Ocean
- A hike through the Armstrong Redwoods State Park surrounded by 1,400-year-old trees that tower over 300 feet high
- Cheese tasting at one of the oldest cheese producers in the country, the Marin French Cheese Company
- Visiting Arista winery, known for their sustainable approach to crafting outstanding Pinot Noir
We include more on our Sonoma Bike Tour than any other adventure cycling company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Regions finest boutique accommodations
- Cannondale road and hybrid bike selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, all dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine, cheese, and olive oil tastings tastings as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
California is calling. The sun-soaked vineyards, scenic coastlines and laid-back vibe make it the ultimate outdoor getaway.
Join DuVine and Elisir’s Chef Enzo Fargione for the Chef on Wheels Sonoma Bike Tour and revel in the stunning views of the rugged Sonoma Coast as you cycle along Bodega Bay.
DuVine is proud to partner with some of Travel + Leisure’s 2013 World’s Best Award winners.
Close your eyes and imagine your dream vacation with your husband or wife? What does it look like? How does it feel? Now open your eyes. It probably looks like Napa.
On his recent bike tour in Sonoma County, DuVine’s Evan Cooper discovered the wonders of this diverse region of California, both on the bike and in the vineyards.
Enjoy the best that Napa and Sonoma have to offer with DuVine’s unique bicycle trips of the vineyards of California.
Join us on a 4-Day Sonoma Bike Tour and revel in the stunning views of the rugged California coast as you cycle along Bodega Bay. Ride into the heart of California’s towering redwoods and explore the quaint little town of Healdsburg. You’ll delight in visits to wineries in the Dry Creek Valley, rides through scenic vineyards with the Mayacamas Mountains in the distance, and delectable meals at restaurants like Charlie Palmer’s Dry Creek Kitchen. Spend four days on a biking trip through Sonoma, treating yourself to the best wines and greatest vistas the region has to offer.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Sonoma!
Your guides will meet you at the Argonaut Hotel in San Francisco, and we’ll head north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County. Begin with the essentials: bike fitting, safety talk, and map review, before embarking on a gorgeous ride past the pastoral ranches and farms of rural Sonoma. After lunch at a local cyclists’ hangout, we’ll have a chance to sample locally produced cheeses, as well as some of the fine Sonoma Coast wines at Joseph Phelps Freestone Vineyards. As we continue on to Bodega Bay, marvel at the stunning views from the rugged headlands of the Sonoma Coast, where we check-in to our hotel for the evening, the Bodega Bay Lodge. Tonight’s dinner will be just down the road at Terrapin Creek, a lovely spot to enjoy fresh, seasonal delights and enjoy the company of new friends.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Ranchlands of Sonoma, Joseph Phelps Freestone, Bodega Bay, Sonoma Coast
Accomplished: 21 miles / 34 km
Accommodations: The Bodega Bay Lodge & Spa
Day Two: Bodega Bay through the Redwoods
Today we’ll head into the coastal range as we ride into the heart of the redwoods. At the Armstrong Redwoods State Park, we’ll walk among 1,400-year-old trees that tower over 300 feet high. Shortly after we’ll continue on our bikes riding along the scenic Russian River and vineyard covered hillsides to lunch. We’ll stop along the historic West Side Road, boasting crisp Chardonnays and velvety Pinot Noirs, for a picnic and tasting at Arista winery (known for their sustainable approach to crafting outstanding Pinot Noir) en route to Healdsburg. Tonight we’ll enjoy an outstanding dinner just a short walk from our hotel in the quaint town of Healdsburg.
Meals: Breakfast / Gourmet Picnic / Dinner
Destinations: Armstrong Redwoods State Park, Russian River Valley, Arista Winery, Healdsburg
Accomplished: 25 miles / 40 km
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg
Day Three: The Dry Creek Valley
This morning we’ll cycle into the picturesque Dry Creek Valley, passing acres of vines with the Mayacamas Mountains in the distance on quiet back roads dotted with welcoming vineyards. We’ll visit our friends at the Dry Creek Olive Oil Company to learn about California olive oil production and try some samples of course! Lunch is at the Dry Creek General Store, known for amazing gourmet sandwiches and fresh salads – it’s always a favorite stop. After, we’ll ride on for a tasting at Mazzocco Winery, a small production, family owned business with stunning views from its hilltop perch. After a few short miles back to the hotel by bike, take some time this afternoon to explore town or relax by the pool. We’ll enjoy a final farewell dinner tonight at another delightful restaurant in town.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Dry Creek Valley, Dry Creek Olive Oil Company, Mazzocco Winery
Accomplished: 21 miles / 34 km
Accommodations: Hotel Healdsburg
Day Four: The Alexander Valley and Napa Valley
Start the day with a pre-breakfast ride along the quiet roads of Healdsburg into the Alexander Valley. Stop for coffee along the way, then loop back to the hotel on, what is for many, a favorite ride of the week. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and prepare to depart for San Francisco. On our way back to the city, we’ll enjoy a beautiful drive through the famed Napa Valley and dine in St. Helena at a popular lunch stop. Afterward, we’ll visit Silver Oak for a tasting of their amazing Cabernet Sauvignon and finally, journey back to San Francisco.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Alexander Valley, Knights Valley, Napa Valley, St. Helena, Silver Oak Winery
Accomplished: 23 miles / 37 km