Burgundy 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: France
- Destination: Burgundy
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Level: One
- Price From: $3495
- Single Supplement: $450
|May 21 - May 24, 2017||$3495||Book Now|
|Jun 25 - Jun 28, 2017||$3495||Book Now|
|Jul 2 - Jul 5, 2017||$3495||Call to book|
|Aug 6 - Aug 9, 2017||$3495||Book Now|
|Sep 3 - Sep 6, 2017||$3695||Book Now|
- Celebrated wine-producing region in eastern France
- Known for: premier red and white wines from the Côtes de Beaune, Côtes de Nuits, Chablis, Mâcon, and more; outstanding Michelin-starred restaurants; kingly châteaux dotting the countryside; dense and lush forests; and grand Gothic and Romanesque abbeys and churches
- Eat: coq au vin, boeuf bourguignon, escargot, jambon persillé, foie gras, andouillette sausage, and the famed chevre, époisses, bleu de Bresse, and fabulous Citeaux cheeses
- Drink: sparkling Crémant de Bourgogne, robust Pinot Noir Grand Cru wines from Aloxe-Corton and Montrachet, and smooth, well-aging Chardonnays from Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet
- Experiencing DuVine Style in the region where DuVine was founded over 20 years ago
- Tasting Crémant with our friend and local winemaker, Greg, accompanied by his mother’s homemade savory gougères (Burgundian cheese puff pastries)
- Visiting to the world’s most famous cooperage, François Freres in St. Romain, to watch them handcraft oak barrels
- Cycling le Route des Grands Crus among the most esteemed vineyards in Burgundy
- Indulging in a Michelin-starred meal at Le Benaton
We include more on our Burgundy trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, three gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning advising with optional upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
- Dinner on one free night
What is a truffle? We teamed up with some truffle experts from around the world to uncover the mysterious secrets of the world-famous black and white truffles.
Burgundy is one of the world’s prominent wine-producing regions. Located in east-central France and also known as Bourgogne, Burgundy is home to several main vinicultural areas: Chablis, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Beaune (these two areas comprise the Côte d’Or), Côte Chalonnaise, Mâconnais, and Beaujolais. Each of these are precisely carved into intricate vineyards. Not […]
We’ve explored the world’s most treasured wine regions to discover hotels that offer the best in luxury for wine-lovers. Each of these gorgeous properties is renowned for superb service and brilliant creativity. Want to taste rare wines, explore ancient cellars, experience exclusive wine clubs or even own a personal vineyard plot? These experiences, combined with […]
Need an escape? Check out these incredible photos of the most beautiful vineyards in France. Really need an escape? Start planning your next wine vacation.
It is known far and wide that Paris is the city of romance. Put on some French bossa nova music, open a bottle of wine, and read on for our comprehensive list of the most romantic things to do in Paris.
Harvest time brings with it a bustling excitement. Get excited with these 10 stunning photos of the world’s most beautiful wine regions.
Dozens of DuVine bike tours include castle visits, so we’ve assembled this list of our guides’ favorite castles in Europe.
Guide and author, Tom Kevill-Davies, celebrates the opening of his Hungry Cyclist Lodge in Burgundy. Learn more about what inspired him to chase his dream.
The Wall Street Journal recently highlighted one of our trips as one that “…let you burn calories during the day and refuel with a great meal at night.” There is more where that came from!
In a storied and enchanting country like France, it can be difficult to pick just one region to visit.
DuVine bike tour guide Tom Kevill-Davies (aka The Hungry Cyclist) worked the grape harvest in Burgundy in 2011, and has nothing but incredible things to say about his time there. With his intimate knowledge of the region, the wines, and the vines themselves, he cannot wait to bring our guests to this magical place on Burgundy cycling tours again this year.
Ride over gently rolling hills and through wooded paths, passing vineyards as far as the eye can see on our Burgundy Bike Tour where DuVine laid its roots over 20 years ago. Explore lush, green acres of the most esteemed vineyards in France. Experience two millennia of viticulture, tasting some of the finest Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays in the world. Our cycling vacation traces the saga of wine itself, from Beaune, Meursault to Aloxe-Corton and along le Route des Grands Crus. Sampling the fruits of centuries of labor, enjoy tastings in Pommard, Chassagne-Montrachet, Savigny-les-Beaune, Gevrey-Chambertin, and more. Delight in our accommodations at kingly châteaux and dine in the region’s finest restaurants, including a Michelin starred meal.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Burgundy
Your guides will greet you at the train station in Beaune where the adventure begins. Nestled inside massive fourteenth-century ramparts, this medieval town is the wine capital of Burgundy. Toast your arrival with a sparkling Crémant de Bourgogne before a relaxed, scenic spin through the vineyards of the Côte de Beaune. Enjoy a wine tasting in the quiet center of Meursault, enlivening our palates with a hearty Pommard, an elegant Volnay, and a buttery Meursault. Pedal back to Beaune through these legendary vineyards. Tonight our first gourmet Burgundian feast awaits us at one of our favorite restaurants in Beaune.
Meals: Light Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Beaune, Pommard, Volnay, Meursault
Accomplished: 12 miles / 19 km, elevation gain: 122 meters
Accommodations: Le Cep
Day Two: Explore the Hautes-Côtes de Beaune
Start the day in Beaune, cycling through the picturesque villages of the French Countryside. Pedal past Charolais cows, the château at La Rochepot, and through the charming hamlet of Orches. Indulge in a gourmet picnic before a leisurely downhill ride into Saint-Aubin, home to a grand, Romanesque church. In Chassagne-Montrachet we will have a delicious wine tasting of the Chateau’s vintages and some wine shopping in town. Cycling through towns like Puligny-Montrachet, Volnay and Pommard, we’ll arrive back in Beaune where we encourage you to sip wine and chat with the locals. Tonight is yours to enjoy one of the many excellent restaurants in Beaune.
Meals: Breakfast / Picnic Lunch
Destinations: Beaune, Saint-Romain, Orches, La Rochepot, Saint-Aubin, Chassagne- Montrachet, Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault, Volnay, Pommard
Accomplished: 27.3 miles / 44 km, elevation gain: 465 meters
Accommodations: Le Cep
Day Three: The Vineyards of the Côte de Nuits
Enjoy a breakfast of fresh croissants and other French specialties in the hotel’s sixteenth-century courtyard. We’ll start the day with a visit to the Hôtel-Dieu, a free hospital built in 1443 by the chancellor of Burgundy, which stands as one of the finest examples of 15th-century French architecture. After the visit, we’ll enjoy a tasting at the best Crémant producer in Burgundy, Parigot and Richard before riding to the celebrated village of Nuits- Saint-Georges. Our ride will take us along tranquil roads through golden wheat and sunflower meadows passing through Charlemagne’s favorite vineyard: Corton- Charlemagne. Continue through Aloxe-Corton and Comblanchien past exquisite examples of Burgundian tiled roofs and villages that barely survived WWII. After a café lunch, spin past the world-famous Romanée Conti vineyard on our way to our next stylish accommodations. Tonight’s dinner is at one of our favorite local restaurants.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Savigny-les-Beaune, Aloxe-Corton, Nuits-St.-Georges, Vosne-Romanée, Vougeot, Chambolle-Musigny
Accomplished: 16.3 miles / 26 km, elevation gain: 150 meters
Accommodations: Castel de Tres Girard
Day Four: Le Route des Grands Crus
Ride a section of Route des Grands Crus, passing some of the most expensive vineyards in the world before saying au revoir to Burgundy. Savor one last taste of Morey St. Denis before your guides see you off from the Dijon train station.
Destinations: Morey-St.-Denis, Chambolle-Musigny
Accomplished: 13 miles / 21 km, elevation gain: 204 meters