Provence 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: France
- Destination: Provence
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $3495
- Single Supplement: $650
|May 13 - May 16, 2018||$3495||Book Now|
|Jun 10 - Jun 13, 2018||$3495||Book Now|
|Jun 17 - Jun 20, 2018||$3495||Book Now|
|Jul 15 - Jul 18, 2018||$3495||Book Now|
|Aug 26 - Aug 29, 2018||$3495||Book Now|
- France’s picturesque southeastern region
- Known for: sun-bathed lavender fields, shimmering coastlines, spectacular medieval hilltop villages, and vistas that inspired Van Gogh and Cézanne
- Eat: picholine olives, tapenade, fromage de chevre, and slow-cooked lamb
- Drink: outstanding local wines including Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas, and Côtes de Provence
- Experience market day in Bedoin and Lacoste: artisans and local producers selling cheeses, olives, wines, oils, jewelry, produce, and soap
- Discover the history of the olive oil industry in the Luberon and taste some olive varietals
- Visit the most beautiful villages in France: Gordes and Roussillon
- Indulge in a gourmet meal at Coquillade’s Le Gourmet
- Learn to cook Provençal dishes with our dear friend at her home
We include more on our cycling trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, three lunches, three gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning advising with optional upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
What is a truffle? We teamed up with some truffle experts from around the world to uncover the mysterious secrets of the world-famous black and white truffles.
Need an escape? Check out these incredible photos of the most beautiful vineyards in France. Really need an escape? Start planning your next wine vacation.
There are hundreds of 5-star hotels in Europe, but these 10 have a certain je ne sais quoi that sets them above the rest.
If you’re the kind of person who prefers a walk through a garden or a hike along a rocky coast to a trip to the museum, this list of eight active things to do in Marseille was made for you.
It is known far and wide that Paris is the city of romance. Put on some French bossa nova music, open a bottle of wine, and read on for our comprehensive list of the most romantic things to do in Paris.
Traveling to France this autumn or looking for some French cooking inspiration? Check out our list of the Freshest French Foods in the Fall.
From classic to wacky, discover our list of top hotels for art lovers where the art isn’t meant to be displayed but to immerse the guest in an interactive experience.
Dive into these photos of Provence and let them carry you away to the sunny, lavender-scented Paradise of Provence.
A woman, wife, mother, and wanderlust shares a story of female empowerment and friendship found on an all-women cycling tour in Provence.
We asked a few of our guides about their favorite beaches in the countries where they live and guide. Here’s what they told us.
Join one professional traveler as he dives deep into the Italian and French Rivieras and shares the best way to explore these stunning coastal regions.
Sales extraordinare and self-proclaimed beginner cyclist, Aislyn Emerson, relives her Provence 4-Day cycling adventure with her mother and two other mother-daughter couples.
Here are 7 reasons why you should begin your fairy tale vacation on a bike tour in Provence.
Hop off your bike and experience French history, right under your feet.
The France edition of Tour Sommelier brings you the perfect tour pairings for can’t miss events in Bordeaux, Paris, + Versailles, Provence and the Loire Valley.
Cycle through endless fruit orchards, olive groves, and vineyards on the Provence 4-Day Bike Tour. Climb winding roads to medieval villages and spin through gorgeous gorges with the Mont Ventoux as your backdrop. Stroll through charming rural towns and taste the world’s best olive oils. You will never forget the views from the villages of Murs and Gordes or a morning at the market in Bedoin or Lacoste. Indulge in the sumptuous reds, whites, and the celebrated rosés at your wine tastings in Provence and unforgettable meals that include Provençal specialties prepared by some of the region’s most prominent chefs.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Provence
Your guides will greet you at the Avignon TGV train station, and the adventure begins! Toast to the trip ahead over a light, fresh lunch at our luxurious hotel, followed by a bike fitting and safety talk. Set out for a first spin through the peaceful villages nestled at the base Mont Ventoux, the famous peak dominating the landscape. We’ll pass cherry trees heavy with fruit and vineyard after vineyard, stopping at our favorite family domaine for a tasting of the Côtes du Ventoux wine they’ve been cultivating for three generations. Back in Crillon-le-Brave, enjoy stunning views from the hotel before tonight’s dinner of authentic Provençal fare.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Bédoin, Mormoiron, Mazan, Saint-Pierre-de-Vassol, Crillon-le-Brave
Accomplished: 17 miles / 27 km, elevation gain: 395 meters
Accommodations: Crillon le Brave
Day Two: From Ventoux to Luberon
Leave the Ventoux behind and head southeast towards the equally enchanting region of the Luberon. Skirt the foothills of the mountain on the way to Bédoin where we’ll stop to check out market day in a small French village. After lunch in Venasque, challenge yourself with a climb over the Col de Murs or catch a ride directly to Gordes to explore one of the most beautiful villages in the Luberon. Cycle over the hill to our hotel, then relax by the pool or indulge in a massage. In the evening, transfer to the tiny town of Robion and meet our friend Veronique at her home. She’ll guide us through the preparation of typical Provençal dishes, then we’ll dig into our creations on her gorgeous terrace.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Bédoin, Mazan, Malemort-du-Comtat, Venasque, Murs, Gordes, Gargas
Accomplished: 15 miles / 25 km, elevation gain: 213 meters (Longer option: 25 miles / 40 km)
Accommodations: La Coquillade
Day Three: The Essence of the Luberon
Cycle past rustic stone villages and across the ancient Pont Julien for a climb to the perched village of Lacoste, once the home of the Marquis de Sade. Browse beautiful produce at the town market, then revel in the scenic descent to Menerbes where we discover Côtes du Luberon wines in a local cellar. After a picnic prepared by your guides, it’s back to the saddle for a ride to our friend Andre’s olive oil mill, widely considered the best in the region. This afternoon, opt for a transfer or pedal up to ochre-colored Roussillon to shop and explore. Spend rest of your day relaxing by the hotel pool or in the spa before our final dinner at the hotel’s bistro restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Gargas, Lacoste, Menerbes, Baumette, Roussillon
Accomplished: 28 miles / 45 km, elevation gain: 474 meters
Accommodations: La Coquillade
Day Four: Final Ride
During this morning ride, we’ll have a last spin in the countryside to bid our farewells to the magnificent Provençal scenery of olive groves and vineyards.
Destinations: St. Saturin-les-Apt
Accomplished: 10 miles / 16 km