Austria + Czech Republic Family Bike Tour
- Region: Greater Europe
- Destination: Czech Republic + Austria
- Duration: 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Level: One
- Price From: $3995
- Single Supplement: $350
|PRIVATE COLLECTION ITINERARY|
This tour is part of our private tours collection. Please complete a Private Tour Planning Form to start designing a private tour that is everything you want - and nothing you don't - where, when, and how you want it, to share with whomever you choose. Or, call 888-396-5383 to inquire about joining a future public date that may become available.
- Fairytale-like region in central Europe
- Known for: Baroque castles and châteaux, quiet folkloric villages, Bohemian forests, and incredible UNESCO World Heritage Sites, both natural and manmade
- Eat: roast pork, dumplings, sweet cottage cheese pies, Weiner Schnitzel, and strudel
- Castles and Châteaux: Kokorín, Veltrusy, Trója, Lednice, and Valtice
- Falcon demonstration at the gardens of the Lednice Château
- Strudel making lesson at the Eat and Art Gallery
- Natural UNESCO sites like the Palava Hills and Wachau Valley
- Riding the former Iron Curtain roads, where just over twenty years ago a Czech could be arrested just for being as close as two kilometers to the road
- For safety reasons, children must be at least 7 years old to ride their own bike; trailers and tag-along bikes are available for younger children
- Safety triangles provided to all children on tour
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, four gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
No matter what holiday you celebrate in December, everyone can appreciate the magic and beauty of the snow-dusted, string-light-sprinkled Christmas markets of Europe.
We’re here with some tips from a local Czech to take you on a tour of some off-the-beaten-track sites for your second visit to the historic city of Prague.
From the iconic lush rolling hills of Tuscany to the alpine hills of Austria, drink in our list of the greenest destinations in the world.
We’ve compiled the definitive list of the best festivals in Czech Republic + Austria in 2016 to help you guide your travel planning.
It’s hard to imagine narrowing all the beauty of the world down to just 12 World Heritage Sites, but we’ve taken on that challenge.
The definitive list of the best cafes and teahouses in Prague to satisfy your tea and coffee cravings. Get a caffeine fix before you set out to explore.
Dozens of DuVine bike tours include castle visits, so we’ve assembled this list of our guides’ favorite castles in Europe.
A local tour guide’s top ten list of the best beers from the Czech Republic and Austria for your next visit, with a little taste of each beer and its history.
Looking for a bike tour that delights with delicious desserts? Join us on our Czech Republic and Austria Bike Tour!
Don’t see any family tour dates available? Contact us and we would be more than happy to discuss what options are available for opening a public or private bike tour date.
Cycle through a fairytale land of enchanting forests and charming castles. The natural UNESCO sites like the stunning Palava Hills and Wachau Valley will leave you amazed. Travel through time as we visit medieval fortresses and bike along the Iron Curtain road. With fun activities like a strudel cooking class, falconry show, and windsurfing lesson combined with fascinating cultural destinations like Prague and Vienna, this is a cycling vacation the entire family is sure to remember. Situated at the crossroads of Europe’s most powerful former dynasties, we’ll enjoy outstanding Bohemian and Austrian-influenced cuisine at every turn, washed down with a cool Pilsner or a delectable pastry.
The Danube River was named one of National Geographic’s Best Trips for 2016. The list reflects what’s authentic, culturally rich, sustainable, and superlative in the world of travel today.
Tour by Day
Day One: Vienna to Dürnstein
Meet your guides in Vienna, and we’re off to the village of Dürnstein. Hike up to the ruins of Dürnstein Castle and learn about the Lionheart legend. We’ll be rewarded at the top with a breathtaking view over the huge meandering Danube River and its cascading vineyards, small villages, and wonderful country side. Back in Dürnstein you can explore this fairytale town and visit the many wonderful shops. Enjoy the first of two evenings at the historic Richard Löwenherz Hotel.
Accommodations: Hotel Richard Löwenherz
Day Two: Cycling Along the Danube
Start the day riding towards Melk. Travel upstream through the charming medieval village of Weisenkirchen to the town of Spitz. Take the ferry to the other bank and cycle along the river until reaching the town of Melk. Enjoy a sensational lunch in town. Then visit the Benedictine Monastery in Melk, which inspired Umberto Eco to write The Name of the Rose. Enjoy a boat trip back to Dürnstein, where the evening is yours to explore the town and try the local fare.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Wachau Valley, Melk, Dürnstein, Krems, Weissenkirchen
Accomplished: 27.2 miles / 44 km
Accommodations: Hotel Richard Löwenherz
Day Three: The Palaces of Moravia
A transfer will deliver us this morning to Breclav on the Czech-Austrian border to cycle into the UNESCO heritage sites of Lednice and Valtice, which contain two palaces of the Lichtenstein family. We’ll watch a falcon demonstration at the Lednice Château as the birds hunt fake animals in the gardens. At Valtice Château we’ll explore the fourteenth-century wine cellars before coming out to former Iron Curtain roads. Bike the whole way or take the van to Mikulov. We’ll stay in this gorgeous town for two nights at Hotel Temple and enjoy an excellent meal together tonight.
Meal: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Lednice, Valtice, Mikulov, Iron Curtain road
Accomplished: 31 miles / 50 km
Accommodations: Hotel Galant
Day Four: Bohemia
Take a transfer to the Kokorinsko nature preserve—a forested landscape laced with hiking and biking trails. Cycle through this beautiful area filled with sandstone formations and traditional wooden villages en route to the impressive medieval Kokorín Castle. Here, we’ll hike to the top and be rewarded with amazing views of the area. Continue past a unique rock-cut home before arriving at Château Liblice, a seventeenth-century zamek, and your home for the evening. Enjoy a local wine tasting before dininng at the hotel’s award-winning restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast / Light Lunch / Dinner
Accomplished: 19.8 miles / 32 km
Accommodations: Chateau Liblice
Day Five: Veltrusy to Prague
A short morning drive brings us to the white water course in Veltrusy. After getting equipped with all the nescessary equipment, go for wonderfull rafting on the artifical slalom course, where the national white water slalom cups are held every year. After this make your way to the renesaince Nelahozeves chateau where we have a private tour through the chateau and nice picnic in the courtyard. From here we bike all the way to Prague. Finish with a short stroll through the city on the way to our hotel, just on the edge of the city center. The day ends in a stylish restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast / Picnic Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Veltrusy water channel, Nelahozeves, Veltrusy and Troja Chateaux, Prague
Accomplished: 23.6 miles / 38 km
Accommodations: Hotel Paris
Day Six: Prague
Go on a sightseeing voyage rafting along the Vltava river. View the riversides of Old, New, and Lesser towns. All of them under the shadow of the impressive Prague Castle. Lastly take an expedition into the mills area and navigate the encahnting Devils stream, considered one of the most beautiful areas in Prague. Conclude the tour in a nearby garden restaurant and transfer to the hotel if desired.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch