Your guides will meet you at your Prague hotel for a transfer to the Kokořínsko nature preserve, a forested landscape laced with hiking and biking trails. Cycle amidst sandstone formations and traditional wooden villages en route to the red-roofed Kokořín Castle, our starting point for a brief walk to a spectacular lookout. Back on the bike, continue riding past homes and cellars carved right into rock faces. We’ll arrive at Château Liblice—a 17th-century zamek (castle) and our home for the evening. Tonight, we’ll taste Czech wines before dinner at the hotel’s award-winning restaurant.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Kokorinsko, Liblice, Houska
Accomplished: 20 miles / 32 km, elevation gain: 295 meters
Accommodations: Château Liblice
This morning we head into Mělník, a charming town above the Vltava and Elbe rivers and the wine epicenter of Bohemia. Ride down to the riverfronts, then follow brand new bike trails all the way to the Nelahozeves Château. We’ll take a private tour of this Renaissance castle and pause for a picnic lunch in the courtyard. This afternoon, cycle all the way to the Czech capital of Prague for an afternoon spent strolling the City of a Hundred Spires. Between admiring Baroque buildings and Gothic churches, we’ll sample St. Thomas, a beer brewed by monks since 1352. This evening’s dinner finds us in a stylish restaurant right in the city.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Mělník, Vltava canyon, Nelahozeves, Prague
Accomplished: 34 miles / 55 km, elevation gain: 518 meters
Today’s ride takes us upstream along the Vltava river, with a quick trip on the prívoz (ferry) to reach the outskirts of Prague. Back on dry land, pedal past early 20th-century villas in Radotín and countryside retreats in Černošice, eventually reaching the small settlement of Dobřichovice. We’ll stop for lunch at a local château with wonderful views of the Berounka River. Afterwards, pedal back via the river’s right bank and stop for a rewarding taste of locally made cider in Vsenory. Our farewell dinner will be a memorable evening at one of the best beer halls in Prague’s Old Town.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Dobřichovice, Radotín
Accomplished: 36 miles / 58 km, elevation gain: 386 meters
Say goodbye to Prague however you see fit. Sleep in, take a stroll to the Vltava, or enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the terrace. Your guides will see you off from the train station or hotel.
DuVine itineraries may be subject to slight route changes, hotel substitutions, and other modifications.
Airport City: Prague, Czech Republic Pick-Up Location: Augustine Hotel in Prague Pick-Up Time: 9:00 am
Airport City: Prague, Czech Republic Drop-Off Location: Prague Drop-Off Time: 10:00 am
Travelers Take Note
As a country, the Czech Republic is focused on energy efficiency. As a result, air conditioning may not be standard in hotels.
- Thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region
- Luggage transfers
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, nutritious snacks, and après velo cocktails
- 3 gourmet dinners at our favorite local restaurants and renowned culinary establishments
- Carefully selected local wine, beer, or spirits with every meal
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the tour itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, museums, parks, and all other exclusive events
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection
- Bike helmet
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
- GPS in most destinations
- Expert bilingual guides with extensive local knowledge
- Support vehicle that follows the day’s route, distributes refreshments, and offers lifts
- Pick-up and drop-off before and after your tour from predetermined meeting points
- Daily bike maintenance to ensure optimal performance