Tuscany 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: Italy
- Destination: Tuscany
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Level: Occasional
- Price From: $3295
- Single Supplement: $500
|Apr 10 - Apr 13, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|May 15 - May 18, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|Jun 26 - Jun 29, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|Jul 31 - Aug 3, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|Aug 21 - Aug 24, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
- Tuscany’s Chiana Valley
- Known for: famous white Chianina cattle, stunning landscapes with rolling hills, olive groves, medieval villages, and the birthplace of Roberto Benigni
- Eat: Chianina beef, pici pasta, pecorini cheese, and cinghiale (wild boar)
- Drink: famous local wines, including Brunello, Chianti Classico, and Vino Nobile
- Cooking class with our friend and local chef in Cortona
- Visiting the famed and innovative Villa Loggio winery for a tour and tasting
- Exploring the charming town of Cortona
- Riding along the quiet, scenic landscape of the Val di Chiana
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt and water bottle
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
Harvest time brings with it a bustling excitement. Get excited with these 10 stunning photos of the world’s most beautiful wine regions.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or someone who has traveled to Tuscany many times, the region can still amaze you with undiscovered corners.
What is a truffle? We teamed up with some truffle experts from around the world to uncover the mysterious secrets of the world-famous black and white truffles.
Travel is all about the people you meet along the way! Meet the charismatic and charming personalities behind the most authentic and memorable hidden gems of Italy.
Dozens of DuVine bike tours include castle visits, so we’ve assembled this list of our guides’ favorite castles in Europe.
Travel is the healthiest high you can find, and Tuscany will get you hooked. Find out why Travel to Tuscany is the gateway to becoming a travel addict.
Have you considered taking a bike tour in Tuscany? Find out what DuVine employee, Tracy, says are her favorite parts of the trip.
Game of Thrones fans unite! Explore the set of King’s Landing on the popular TV series in Croatia with DuVine.
Guest contributor, Priscila Siano, shares her ten favorite biking spots in Italy and why it’s one of the world’s best cycling destinations.
Vittorio Innocenti has been a wine producer for generations and his family has been producing wines in a traditional fashion, which – while time consuming – ensures a higher quality product.
Welcome to Pienza. It is here, in this charming city, that a man’s dream came true and a wonderful little hidden gem emerged. And it’s a must-stop spot on your journeys through Tuscany.
The cooking class begins with a toast, some of Domenico’s wine that is produced locally, though is not sold in any store. He explains to you that the wine is from his friend, and it is very good. “You try, you like,” he assures you.
Explore the iconic Tuscan countryside as you ride through its gentle green hills and cypress lined byways on this 4-Day Tuscany Bicycle Trip. Travel through history in the Chiana Valley, a crossroads of Italy traversed by countless armies, popes, emperors, and artists. Get intimately familiar with the local cuisine at a cooking class in Cortona. On this four-day bike tour in Tuscany, you’ll get the perfect taste of one of Italy’s most storied regions. Discover your inner gourmet at a paired lunch and winetasting at one of Italy’s most highly-acclaimed wineries and relax completely in the most luxurious villas.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Tuscany
Your guides will greet you at the Chiusi train station and transfer you to the medieval village of Montefollonico, where the adventure begins. We’ll toast our arrival with a light lunch at our favorite local restaurant. After a bike fitting and safety review we’ll set off on our first ride through the Tuscan countryside, past cows, sheep, olive groves, and vineyards. Enjoy views over the gorgeous Chiana and Orcia valleys as we gradually descend to our hotel, once a small village that has been beautifully converted. We’ll celebrate tonight with a dinner featuring homemade pastas, fresh seasonal vegetables and, of course, a selection of local wines.
Meals: Light Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Montefollonico, Trequanda, Sinalunga
Accomplished: 15 miles / 24 km, elevation gain: 334 meters (Longer option: 25 miles / 40 km)
Accommodations: Locanda dell’Amorosa
Day Two: Sinalunga to Cortona
Cycling out of Sinalunga, we’ll make our way across the Val di Chiana, home of Tuscany’s famed white Chianina cows. Cypress trees, sunflowers, and wheat fields line our route as we pedal deep into the countryside. Stop for lunch at a local farmhouse to taste fresh seasonal cuisine; our meal will come straight from the farmhouse’s very own garden. You will leave our friend Barbara’s house feeling part of the family before continuing to our hotel at the foot of Cortona. This evening we’ll head into Cortona, a perfectly kept medieval town perched on a hilltop with gorgeous views to the valley below. We will leave you to explore the bustling artisan shops and piazzas before dinner at our favorite local restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
Destinations: Val di Chiana, Foiano, Cortona
Accomplished: 23 miles / 37 km, elevation gain: 383 meters (Longer option: 34 miles / 55 km)
Accommodations: Relais Il Falconiere
Day Three: Lake Trasimeno
Pedal from Cortona through the olive groves to the blue waters of Lake Trasimeno, where Hannibal famously ambushed the Roman army in 217 BC. Fortunately the locals now make wine, not war. We will take full advantage of this with a visit to Villa Loggio, the estate dating back to 1676. Tour the cellar before settling down for a tasting lunch with some of Tuscany’s top wines. Ride back to the hotel to relax or opt for an extra bike ride. This evening, learn the art of Italian hospitality during a cooking class with a local chef featuring the best local ingredients and recipes.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Lake Trasimeno, Villa Loggio, Barullo
Accomplished: 27 miles / 44 km, elevation gain: 491 meters (Longer option: 40 miles / 66 km)
Accommodations: Relais Il Falconiere
Day Four: Arrivederci
Say goodbye to Tuscany however you see fit. Sleep in, challenge yourself with an optional morning loop ride, or enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the terrace. Your guides will see you off from the train station in Cortona.
Accomplished: Optional ride