Tuscany 4-Day Bike Tour
- Region: Italy
- Destination: Tuscany
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Level: One
- Price From: $3295
- Single Supplement: $500
|Apr 11 - Apr 14, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|May 15 - May 18, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|Jun 26 - Jun 29, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|Aug 1 - Aug 4, 2016||$3295||Book Now|
|Sep 14 - Sep 17, 2016||$3495||Book Now|
- Tuscany’s Chiana Valley
- Known for: famous white Chianina cattle, stunning landscapes with rolling hills, olive groves, medieval villages, and the birthplace of Roberto Benigni
- Eat: Chianina beef, pici pasta, pecorini cheese, and cinghiale (wild boar)
- Drink: famous local wines, including Brunello, Chianti Classico, and Vino Nobile
- Learn to cook like a Tuscan with our friend Barbara at her family farmhouse
- Taste exquisite local vintages at a private wine-paired lunch at our favorite local winery
- Explore the charming town of Cortona
- Ride through hilltowns and olive groves and along the shores of Lake Trasimeno in the quiet, scenic landscape of the Val di Chiana
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick upand drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning advising with optional upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt and water bottle
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
Florence is one of the most beautiful historic hubs in Europe. Check out our list of the best on- and off-the-beaten-track things to do on your next visit.
It’s hard to imagine narrowing all the beauty of the world down to just 12 World Heritage Sites, but we’ve taken on that challenge.
Travel back in time with one of the world’s most exciting and important historical celebrations, memorials, and projects in 2016.
Harvest time brings with it a bustling excitement. Get excited with these 10 stunning photos of the world’s most beautiful wine regions.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or someone who has traveled to Tuscany many times, the region can still amaze you with undiscovered corners.
What is a truffle? We teamed up with some truffle experts from around the world to uncover the mysterious secrets of the world-famous black and white truffles.
Travel is all about the people you meet along the way! Meet the charismatic and charming personalities behind the most authentic and memorable hidden gems of Italy.
Dozens of DuVine bike tours include castle visits, so we’ve assembled this list of our guides’ favorite castles in Europe.
Travel is the healthiest high you can find, and Tuscany will get you hooked. Find out why Travel to Tuscany is the gateway to becoming a travel addict.
Have you considered taking a bike tour in Tuscany? Find out what DuVine employee, Tracy, says are her favorite parts of the trip.
Game of Thrones fans unite! Explore the set of King’s Landing on the popular TV series in Croatia with DuVine.
Guest contributor, Priscila Siano, shares her ten favorite biking spots in Italy and why it’s one of the world’s best cycling destinations.
Vittorio Innocenti has been a wine producer for generations and his family has been producing wines in a traditional fashion, which – while time consuming – ensures a higher quality product.
Welcome to Pienza. It is here, in this charming city, that a man’s dream came true and a wonderful little hidden gem emerged. And it’s a must-stop spot on your journeys through Tuscany.
The cooking class begins with a toast, some of Domenico’s wine that is produced locally, though is not sold in any store. He explains to you that the wine is from his friend, and it is very good. “You try, you like,” he assures you.
Explore the iconic Tuscan countryside as you ride through its gentle green hills and cypress-lined byways on this 4-Day Tuscany Bicycle Trip. Travel through history in the Chiana Valley, the crossroads of Italy, traversed by countless armies, popes, emperors, and artists. Get intimately familiar with the local cuisine at a cooking class in our friend Barbara’s farmhouse. Stroll the ancient streets of Etruscan Cortona, pedal through fields of sunflowers, and discover your inner gourmet during a paired lunch and winetasting at an acclaimed local winery. Cap off every day in style with accommodations in the most luxurious Tuscan villas.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Tuscany
Meet your guides at the Chiusi train station for a transfer to the medieval village of Montefollonico where the adventure begins. We’ll toast our arrival with a light lunch at our favorite local restaurant. After a bike fitting and safety review, we’ll set off on our first ride through the Tuscan countryside, past cows, sheep, olive groves, and vineyards. Enjoy views over the gorgeous Chiana and Orcia valleys as we gradually descend to our hotel, once a small village that has been beautifully converted. We’ll celebrate tonight with a dinner featuring homemade pastas, fresh seasonal vegetables, and, of course, a selection of local wines.
Meals: Light Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Montefollonico, Trequanda, Sinalunga
Accomplished: 15 miles / 24 km, elevation gain: 234 meters (Longer option: 25 miles / 40 km)
Accommodations: Locanda dell’Amorosa
Day Two: Sinalunga to Cortona
Cycling out of Sinalunga, we’ll make our way across the Val di Chiana, home of Tuscany’s famed white Chianina cows. Cypress trees, sunflowers, and wheat fields line our route as we pedal deep into the countryside. Learn how to make fresh pasta during a stop for lunch at our friend Barbara’s local farmhouse to taste fresh seasonal cuisine; our meal will come straight from the farmhouse’s very own garden. We’ll leave feeling part of the family. Opt to ride or transfer to our next luxurious villa hotel. Regroup later in the evening for dinner in the garden as we savor the flavors of Tuscany.
Meals: Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
Destinations: Val di Chiana, Foiano, Cortona
Accomplished: 20 miles / 32 km with 287 meters (Longer option 32 miles / 51.5 km, elevation gain: 372 meters)
Accommodations: Villa di Piazzano
Day Three: Lake Trasimeno
Pedal from Cortona through the olive groves to the blue waters of Lake Trasimeno and stop for a visit to Villa Loggio, an estate dating back to 1676. Tour the cellar before settling down for a tasting lunch with some of Tuscany’s top wines. Ride back to the hotel to relax or opt for an extra bike ride. This evening we’ll head into Cortona, an ancient hilltown with Etruscan walls and a medieval core. Wander the streets, take in the gorgeous views to the valley below, and explore the bustling artisanal shops before dinner at our favorite local restaurant to celebrate the end of a fantastic tour.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Lake Trasimeno, Villa Loggio, Barullo
Accomplished: 23 miles / 38 km, elevation gain: 288 meters (Longer option: 40 miles / 56 km, elevation gain: 384 meters)
Accommodations: Villa di Piazzano
Day Four: Arrivederci
Say goodbye to Tuscany however you see fit. Sleep in, challenge yourself with an optional morning loop ride, or enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the terrace. Your guides will see you off from the train station in Cortona.
Accomplished: Optional ride