Cape Cod Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $3295
- Single Supplement: $650
|PRIVATE COLLECTION ITINERARY|
This tour is part of our private tours collection. Please complete a Private Tour Planning Form to start designing a private tour that is everything you want - and nothing you don't - where, when, and how you want it, to share with whomever you choose. Or, call 888-396-5383 to inquire about joining a future public date that may become available.
- Massachusetts’s easternmost Cape Cod and the Islands of Nantucket + Martha’s Vineyard
- Known for: Great bike paths, quaint seaside villages, rolling sand dunes, famous whaling port, historic lighthouses, cranberry bogs, and lush marshlands
- Eat: Lobster, Wellfleet oysters, clam chowder, steamers, and cranberries
- Drink: Cape Codder (cranberry juice, vodka, and lime), local winery Truro Vineyards
- Cycling up to the painted cliffs and 200-year-old lighthouse at Aquinnah on Martha’s Vineyard
- A visit to the former whaling port of Nantucket to learn about the island’s history
- Strolling the quaint, cobblestoned streets of Chatham
- The breathtaking coastline, salty air, rolling sand dunes, and charming beachside villages
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, two gourmet dinners, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
Join us on a Cape Cod Bike Tour and cycle the blissfully car-free Cape Cod Rail Trail past cranberry bogs, lush marshlands, historic lighthouses, and rolling sand dunes. Meander through the quaint village of Wellfleet filled with art galleries and unique shops. Explore the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard on this scenic cycling getaway. Visit historic lighthouses and learn about the famous local whaling industry. You’ll delight in sampling some of the freshest seafood including lobster, oysters, and the famous Cape Cod clam chowder.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Cape Cod!
After a high-speed ferry ride from Boston, your guides will meet you at the dock in Provincetown, and the adventure begins! Begin with the essentials: bike fitting, safety talk, and map review, then we’re off to explore. Pedal along rolling country roads to Wellfleet—a thriving artist community full of art galleries and unique shops. Here, hop on the Cape Cod Rail Trail, a car-free bike trail, and continue all the way to Chatham. Delight in dinner at the Impudent Oyster in downtown Chatham.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Provincetown, Cape Cod Rail Trail, Cape Cod National Seashore, Chatham
Accomplished: 17 miles / 27.5 km
Day Two: Exploring Nantucket
This morning we’ll take the 80-minute ferry crossing to the former whaling port of Nantucket. Here, opt to learn about the island’s history at the whaling museum on a docent-led tour, take a bike ride to Siasconset along the easternmost part of the island or stay in town and visit more historical sites along the cobblestoned streets of the town center. This afternoon, we’ll ferry back to the Cape. Tonight head into the seaside town of Chatham to explore and dine there, or opt to dine at the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch
Destinations: Nantucket Town, Whaling Museum, Siasconset
Accomplished: 20 miles / 32.5 km
Day Three: Cycling on Martha’s Vineyard
Begin with a ride up the arm of the Cape to board another ferry to Martha’s Vineyard. Explore the Vineyard’s small port town on foot before we hop back on our bikes to pedal “up island” to the painted cliffs and the over 200-year-old lighthouse at Aquinnah. Marvel at the breathtaking coastline at this westernmost point of the island before heading off to Edgartown. Choose to cycle the final leg of the journey or transfer back in the van. Tonight we’ll celebrate our last night together with a delicious meal at one of Edgartown’s finest restaurants.
Meals: Breakfast / Gourmet Picnic / Dinner
Destinations: Martha’s Vineyard, Aquinnah Cliffs, Gay Head Light, Edgartown
Accomplished: 21 miles / 34 km
Day Four: Katama Beach and Return to Boston
Start with a ride on some of Martha’s Vineyard’s dedicated bike paths to visit the island’s best beach—South “Katama” Beach. Then cycle along State Beach, crossing “Jaws” bridge, aptly named for its appearance in all three Jaws movies. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and relax before hopping back on the ferry to the mainland. From there we’ll shuttle you back to Boston where we’ll say our goodbyes.
Destinations: South “Katama” Beach, State Beach
Accomplished: 15 miles / 24.5 km