Zion National Park Bike Tour
- Region: North America
- Destination: United States
- Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Level: Two
- Price From: $2995
- Single Supplement: $650
|PRIVATE COLLECTION ITINERARY|
This tour is part of our private tours collection. Please complete a Private Tour Planning Form to start designing a private tour that is everything you want - and nothing you don't - where, when, and how you want it, to share with whomever you choose. Or, call 888-396-5383 to inquire about joining a future public date that may become available.
- Located in the Southwestern United States near Springdale, Utah
- Known for: majestic cliffs, wonderful array of colors, where the North Fork of the Virgin River cuts through the reddish and tan colored Navajo Sandstone to create Zion Canyon,
- Sites of interest: Virgin River Narrows, Emerald Pools, Angels Landing, Checkerboard Mesa, and Snow Canyon
- Drink: Utah’s restaurants have great wine lists as well as local micro-brews such as Polygamy Porter
- Hiking through the Virgin River to Wall Street, where the sheer sandstone cliff faces soar straight above your head for hundreds of feet
- Snow Canyon State Park, where ancient lava flows and petrified sand dunes dot the landscape
- The Angels Landing Trail, one of the most famous and thrilling hikes in the National Park system
We include more on our trips than any other bike tour company in an effort to provide our guests with the most unforgettable, stress-free travel experience.
- Stunning, luxurious, world-class accommodations
- Top of the line bicycle selection
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, Après Velo cocktails, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge, who go above and beyond to cater to your every need
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Group sizes that don’t exceed 14 guests on a scheduled departure
- Wine tastings, and cooking classes as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, fascinating museums, and scenic natural parks
- Pick up and drop off before and after your tour from convenient locations
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
- Pre- and post-travel planning assistance
- Upgrade to Concierge Travel Planning (learn more)
- Complimentary DuVine gear, including a custom cycling jersey, DuVine t-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
DuVine strives to consistently amaze, surprise, and delight. For this reason, each itinerary may be subject to slight modifications. Contact us to speak with a destination specialist for the most up to date tour inclusions.
- Gratuities for DuVine bike tour guides (learn more)
Travel back in time with one of the world’s most exciting and important historical celebrations, memorials, and projects in 2016.
Can you imagine anywhere more spectacular in the fall than Utah’s Zion National Park? Truly, there might not be anywhere. The colors are simply astounding, and it’s so quiet you would swear it is all yours. It’s the perfect place for an October bike tour.
Join us on the Zion National Park Bike Tour and ride past a field of buffalo and brilliant geological formations like distinctive Checkerboard Mesa. Hike up the Virgin River through the cool waters of the Narrows that wind through Zion Canyon. Climb to the iconic Angels Landing, almost 2,000 feet above the valley floor. Ride along the quiet Valley Floor Road surrounded by majestic cliffs and the wonderful array of colors of Zion National Park. You’ll be amazed by the hanging gardens that burst from dramatically colored walls, the ancient lava flows and petrified sand dunes that dot the landscape, and the incredible views from Scout Lookout. This multisport adventure trip in Zion is filled with magnificent panoramas and awe-inspiring vistas.
Tour by Day
Day One: Welcome to Zion National Park!
Your guides will greet you at your hotel in Las Vegas, and we’re off to Springdale, Utah—the gateway to Zion National Park. We’ll begin with a welcome toast and lunch, then take care of the essentials: bike fitting and safety review, before setting off along the virtually car-free Floor of the Valley Road. Marvel at the majestic cliffs and wonderful array of colors. Continue to the Desert Pearl Inn, the best location on the edge of the park, for some time to relax. We’ll regroup tonight for dinner at one of Springdale’s best restaurants.
Meals: Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Zion National Park, Springdale
Accomplished: 18 miles / 29 km
Accommodations: Desert Pearl Inn
Day Two: Hike to Scout Lookout and Bike East Zion
This morning begins with a hike up to Scout Lookout for an amazing view of the canyon. Those up for the challenge of a more technical trail can continue another half mile out to the park’s iconic Angels Landing. Enjoy a picnic lunch before we transfer out the East Entrance of the Park. Here, hop on your bike for a delightful long gradual descent past brilliant geological formations, like the distinctive Checkerboard Mesa, back into the valley. Tonight you’ll enjoy a meal at another of Zion’s many delicious restaurants.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Scouts Lookout, Angels Landing, East Zion, Checkerboard Mesa
Accomplished: Biking: 26 miles / 42 km, elevation gain: 450 meters | Hiking: 5 miles / 8 km, elevation gain: 450 meters
Accommodations: Desert Pearl Inn
Day Three: Hike the Narrows
Today we’ll explore the heart of Zion on a surreal hike through the Narrows in this majestic valley. Hike up the Virgin River through its cool waters that wind through the canyon. Hanging gardens burst from dramatically colored walls while trickling water threads its way through moss covered boulders. Continue to the narrowest part of the canyon, Wall Street, where the sheer cliff faces soar straight above your head for hundreds of feet. A transfer will deliver us to the scenic Inn at Entrada, and later we’ll delight in a wonderful dinner at one of the best restaurants in St. George.
Meals: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Destinations: Zion National Park, The Zion Narrows, Wall Street
Accomplished: Hiking: Up to 8 miles / 13 km, elevation gain: 305 meters
Accommodations: The Inn at Entrada
Day Four: Bike Snow Canyon State Park
Begin the day with a morning spin to nearby Snow Canyon State Park, where ancient lava flows and petrified sand dunes dot the landscape or relax and have a leisurely morning at the hotel. After breakfast, your guides will accompany you back to Las Vegas.
Destinations: St. George, Snow Canyon State Park
Accomplished: 16 miles / 26 km, elevation gain: 457 meters